Collie X Jack Russell?

RussBoy

Guest Navek

Ok lads Mrs returned home the other night with a 8 week old collie x russell bitch pup.

My first thoughts were how can I use this dog in my team,

Anyone any experiences of this cross for bushing?

W.katchum

One of the best fox hunting dogs I ever witnessed was a cross between a collie/lab and a Russell, he would put hounds to shame . Only thing he always ran mute even when the other dogs wer in full cry . He was always first on and last to give up on a hunt

2EF47ECB-61FC-433E-B43C-A7CAFFA3B491_zps

Bitch at the front collie x jack don't plenty with her best dog I've ever owned demon on rats as well. Just had s tendency to run away. She had a very high prey drive. The dog in the middle is a x of the two front and back nothing would get past this lot. I'd have one again but it was an accidental mating of a working collie and a jack Russell which was found walking the country lanes.

• Like 2

2EF47ECB-61FC-433E-B43C-A7CAFFA3B491_zps

Bitch at the front collie x jack don't plenty with her best dog I've ever owned demon on rats as well. Just had s tendency to run away. She had a very high prey drive. The dog in the middle is a x of the two front and back nothing would get past this lot. I'd have one again but it was an accidental mating of a working collie and a jack Russell which was found walking the country lanes.

Out of interest was the Russell the sire or dam? Cheers

Can only give it a try some good dogs have come out of accidental mateings once he sees the other dogs working and having fun he might want to join in and if he comes to not work at least your wife has still got her pet but nothing ventured but allot to gain

The jack was the Dan mate f**k knows how they managed it because she was a tiny little thing?

Nature is a strange thing. Haha. Ive given this mix some thought myself. Especially after seeing the collie X Lakey litter of katchums and hearing how well they were doing.

The jack was the Dan mate f**k knows how they managed it because she was a tiny little thing?

Nature is a strange thing. Haha. Ive given this mix some thought myself. Especially after seeing the collie X Lakey litter of katchums and hearing how well they were doing.
I'm telling you mate, if I could have her back now I would in s heartbeat she was just up for working. It didn't matter what we were doing she got involved she was great for rounding all our 100's of chickens up that got under the sheds on a rainy evening. ?
  • Like 1