Labour Leadership Election

Go to solution Solved by Lenmcharristar,

Big Gay Dave, " North Briton if you PM your PayPal address I'll send you the £25 to become a registered supporter "

Well thanks for the offer Dave, but there's no need. The more these efin blairites try to block my democratic rights, the harder I'll fight back....Come monday i'll pay the 25 and buy my vote against them....also today I read of a guy complained to Citizens Advice,,, that he was sold a membership, including the right to vote,,,, they said it was a breach of contract, and criminal offence,,they are contacting police, and Labour NEC to complain....I will do the same ,soon as poss......

......they might all wear the same rosette....but the whole point of the exercise is to kick the arses of the stale plonkers who are running the show,,,,,,and put some balls back into the fight against the pinstriped brigade...!!!!!!!......

Edited by North Briton
  • Like 1

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK....why is immigration good for the UK.....From where I'm sitting the only people who welcome it with open arms are either ethnics that hate the British way of life....OR owners of big business that

No party that supports mass unchecked, uncontrolled immigration can claim to be the party of the working man, regardless of all their claims. The people most affected negatively and the biggest lose

Imagine that turn out!!.......   "Oh Jezza oppress me you whitey pig"   "Oh Di, my trident is armed and it's about to go off like Joseph Staling in a room full of political prisoners"   "Jezza,

Big Gay Dave, " North Briton if you PM your PayPal address I'll send you the £25 to become a registered supporter "

Well thanks for the offer Dave, but there's no need. The more these efin blairites try to block my democratic rights, the harder I'll fight back....Come monday i'll pay the 25 and buy my vote against them....also today I read of a guy complained to Citizens Advice,,, that he was sold a membership, including the right to vote,,,, they said it was a breach of contract, and criminal offence,,they are contacting police, and Labour NEC to complain....I will do the same ,soon as poss......

......they might all wear the same rosette....but the whole point of the exercise is to kick the arses of the stale plonkers who are running the show,,,,,,and put some balls back into the fight against the pinstriped brigade...!!!!!!!......

That's spirit pal! The more they try to screw us the harder we'll fight them. That £25 will go to another member denied their democratic right who can't afford to cover it themselves :thumbs: Yeah there's been a push to get as many folk as possible lodging complaints with consumer rights watchdogs, who knows what will come of it but definitely worth doing.

That's exactly it, this is the last chance for the real grassroots of the party to kick out the Oxbridge educated empty suits that have been holding our party hostage for decades and boy have they got a real fecking fight on their hands :victory:

Peoples frustrations comes from the fact that they are being served up absolute shit and paying caviar money for the privillage !.......they won't be Into a party that's going to charge them even more to make it worse.

That's the truth as I see it.

Immigration isn't the cause of the problems with schools, housing, doctors and other public services that effect the working classes. Chronic lack of funding and building by a succession of Tory and Red Tory governments is, something which Corbyn intends to address. You're right the voters leaving for UKIP aren't just simple racists, they're reacting to very real problems in their communities caused by a rapid increase in immigration with no thought given to improving infrastructure to accomodate the rise in population and voting for the only party offering a solution. Corbyn's Labour offers them another solution by increasing investment in their areas and funding for public services.

Labour policy isn't and I don't think ever has been for there to be no limit on immigration.

Know what does help the working class looking for jobs? Investment in industry and infrastructure ;)

Disagree.......There's too many of us in the UK. There's too many of the wrong sort in the UK.

Where is all this money going to come from to pay for the non-workings that come over, or for the child benefit they send back home. How many billion £ a year is sent to Poland? They're getting richer and we're getting poorer and the polish workman is working for next to nothing , taking jobs off UK men. There's plenty out there more than willing to work for less than minimum wage. Immigration is causing our population to rise and rise and rise. We don't have enough money to support all these extras. AND I reckon a majority of the Uk agree's...hence the brexit win...alot of that was purely and simply immigration.

To be honest, none of the parties have a tough enough immigration policy for me, I'd stop immigration alltogether until the UK was sorted.......and that in itself is going to take a hell of a long time...

• Like 5

labour supporters very rare round this neck of the woods wasn't the case 30yr back ,times change

Exactly pal times and demographics in areas change, no political party should feel like they can rely on being elected in any area. Look what happened to Labour in Scotland, they took their support for granted and when a credible alternative came along their vote collapsed.

Immigration isn't the cause of the problems with schools, housing, doctors and other public services that effect the working classes. Chronic lack of funding and building by a succession of Tory and Red Tory governments is, something which Corbyn intends to address. You're right the voters leaving for UKIP aren't just simple racists, they're reacting to very real problems in their communities caused by a rapid increase in immigration with no thought given to improving infrastructure to accomodate the rise in population and voting for the only party offering a solution. Corbyn's Labour offers them another solution by increasing investment in their areas and funding for public services.

Labour policy isn't and I don't think ever has been for there to be no limit on immigration.

Know what does help the working class looking for jobs? Investment in industry and infrastructure ;)

Disagree.......There's too many of us in the UK. There's too many of the wrong sort in the UK.

Where is all this money going to come from to pay for the non-workings that come over, or for the child benefit they send back home. How many billion £ a year is sent to Poland? They're getting richer and we're getting poorer and the polish workman is working for next to nothing , taking jobs off UK men. There's plenty out there more than willing to work for less than minimum wage. Immigration is causing our population to rise and rise and rise. We don't have enough money to support all these extras. AND I reckon a majority of the Uk agree's...hence the brexit win...alot of that was purely and simply immigration.

To be honest, none of the parties have a tough enough immigration policy for me, I'd stop immigration alltogether until the UK was sorted.......and that in itself is going to take a hell of a long time...

All valid issues and concerns pal but my answer to them is always going to be different to yours. You say we can't afford them extras I say we grow the economy so we can, at the end of day the right kind of immigration IS good for the economy you just need to balance it against the social costs and make sure that the benefits of that growth in the economy are felt by everyone.

I think one of the biggest scandals about the surge of low skilled immigration in the last two decades or so (I don't think you'd find anyone today that would support the levels of unskilled migrants that came over in the Blair years) is that the benefits to the economy of the influx of immigration were never felt by the communities that have felt all the strain. Some company directors got rich slashing their wage bills while the native citizens were dumped on the dole then demonised for being scroungers :no:

• Like 1

Scotland had the bollocks to change its politics, I admire them for that.......the rest of the UK bottled it.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

The biggest problem is that while ever the UK is tied to EU rules anyone with an EU citizenship can legally come to the UK and cannot be refused benefits. Given that the minimum wage in Romania and other EU countries is one sixth of that in the UK there is nothing to stop them heading to London and signing on. Equally there is nothing to stop a Syrian or other refugee / migrant wading ashore in Greece or Italy, registering and then getting the first flight to the UK to sign on. No wonder Poland and Hungary were blocking Cameron's demands; they are exporting their unemployed to the UK. And the UK cannot do anything about it while ever it is in the EU.

Edited by Nicepix
  • Like 1

All valid issues and concerns pal but my answer to them is always going to be different to yours. You say we can't afford them extras I say we grow the economy so we can, at the end of day the right kind of immigration IS good for the economy you just need to balance it against the social costs and make sure that the benefits of that growth in the economy are felt by everyone.

I think one of the biggest scandals about the surge of low skilled immigration in the last two decades or so (I don't think you'd find anyone today that would support the levels of unskilled migrants that came over in the Blair years) is that the benefits to the economy of the influx of immigration were never felt by the communities that have felt all the strain. Some company directors got rich slashing their wage bills while the native citizens were dumped on the dole then demonised for being scroungers :no:

OK....why is immigration good for the UK.....From where I'm sitting the only people who welcome it with open arms are either ethnics that hate the British way of life....OR owners of big business that wish to emply cheap labour, and who, incidentally, probably don't pay any tax at all in the Uk due to their grasp of Tax laws,,,...

Why do we need more people in the UK??

We don't.

Our population is FAR TOO BIG at the moment anyway, that's why we're building on school playing fields, woodland, countryside, downgrading green belt to brown belt. There is a huge demand for housing, rents are massive. House prices so big that young people cannot afford to buy.

Try get a doctors appointment? Go on, I dare ya!!

Try get in the dentist with the NHS.......Go on, have a go. Its vastly over subscribed.

Why should people be allowed to come to the UK that have never paid a penny in their lifes, walk straight into the first hospital and get 'served' when our own people, people who have paid into the system, are waiting for cancer treatment.

The roads are chocablock with cars. You can't move anymore. rush hour is rush three hours. More people is more traffic. Whats the solution? Is it build more motorways (costing money) or have less people in the UK?

Go into factories where people are, usually, on a low wage, see how many eastern europeans they employ.....people I know work at meat plants, and the polish are taking their jobs, plain and simple. No skirting around the issue, the management are positively descriminating againt the British worker for the eastern european worker.

I cannot see any good argument for having immigrants over here. If I were in power the borders would be nailed shut as tight as a drum.

• Like 9

The biggest problem is that while ever the UK is tied to EU rules anyone with an EU citizenship can legally come to the UK and cannot be refused benefits. Given that the minimum wage in Romania and other EU countries is one sixth of that in the UK there is nothing to stop them heading to London and signing on. Equally there is nothing to stop a Syrian or other refugee / migrant wading ashore in Greece or Italy, registering and then getting the first flight to the UK to sign on. No wonder Poland and Hungary were blocking Cameron's demands; they are exporting their unemployed to the UK. And the UK cannot do anything about it while ever it is in the EU.

The sending Child Benefit overseas was the perfect illustration of how fecked that whole system is :yes: I'm all for supporting children in this country no matter where they were born but sending benefits that are the equivelant of a weeks wages over there to Romania for a child that's never stepped foot in this country? :huh:

Free movement of labour should never have happened until the economic situation across the EU was a more level playing field.

OK....why is immigration good for the UK.....From where I'm sitting the only people who welcome it with open arms are either ethnics that hate the British way of life....OR owners of big business that wish to emply cheap labour, and who, incidentally, probably don't pay any tax at all in the Uk due to their grasp of Tax laws,,,...

We don't.

Our population is FAR TOO BIG at the moment anyway, that's why we're building on school playing fields, woodland, countryside, downgrading green belt to brown belt. There is a huge demand for housing, rents are massive. House prices so big that young people cannot afford to buy.

Try get in the dentist with the NHS.......Go on, have a go. Its vastly over subscribed.

Why should people be allowed to come to the UK that have never paid a penny in their lifes, walk straight into the first hospital and get 'served' when our own people, people who have paid into the system, are waiting for cancer treatment.

The roads are chocablock with cars. You can't move anymore. rush hour is rush three hours. More people is more traffic. Whats the solution? Is it build more motorways (costing money) or have less people in the UK?

Go into factories where people are, usually, on a low wage, see how many eastern europeans they employ.....people I know work at meat plants, and the polish are taking their jobs, plain and simple. No skirting around the issue, the management are positively descriminating againt the British worker for the eastern european worker.

I cannot see any good argument for having immigrants over here. If I were in power the borders would be nailed shut as tight as a drum.

Well for a start we simply need to import some people with certain skillsets. Plus we have an aging population and we aren't popping out enough babies, we're not quite in the same boat as Japan yet (mainly thanks to immigration) but we could be headed there. If you want the economy to grow the population needs to grow too, it's about balancing those two and finding the right level. Do you think if we could wave a wand and get rid of all the immigrants we could fill the hole left by them in so many industries? Even allowing for the drop in demand I can't see it.

You know how they stopped immigrants undercutting wages and putting local folk out of jobs down the mines? They made them join the NUM ;)

While immigration and dilution of culture is a obviously a massive problem in the UK I don't think you can think about it in isolation......it's one small part of a massive problem with how political parties are legislating against and treating the indigenous population.........it's why I had to bail the f**k out.

You can't win because they won't let you win........it will take so long to put right (if indeed it is ever put right) that I didn't have the time left in my life or my kids life to wait.

We don't.

I cannot see any good argument for having immigrants over here. If I were in power the borders would be nailed shut as tight as a drum

this 100%

Edited by Onlyworkmatters
  • Like 1

Corbyn's first newspaper interview since the attempted coup

He said: “I’m sorry Angela and Owen decided to resign. I was disappointed so many decided to resign.

I thought we were working well together. Owen and I have had good discussions.”.

But of his own MPs he said: “They should learn a few manners. Reducing everything to abuse or foul language is no help at all.”

Mr Corbyn was giving his first newspaper interview since a cackhanded coup to topple him began two weeks ago.

He chose a little cafe in his Islington North constituency in London to mount his fightback.

Our interview was constantly interrupted by wellwishers popping in to wish him good luck and get selfies.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jeremy-corbyn-considers-legal-challenge-8435835

Edited by BGD