Labour Leadership Election

Go to solution Solved by Lenmcharristar,

So after weeks of the most pathetic coup attempt in history the Blairites in the PLP have finally put forward a challenger to Corbyn, the woman who came 4th in the Deputy Leader election in 2015 :laugh:

Seriously the best they can do? A woman who doesn't even have the support of her own constituency :no:https://www.theguardian.com/membership/2016/jul/02/angela-eagle-anger-rises-in-her-wallasey-constituency-corbyn-labour

Corbyn will beat her easily in a leadership election and then we'll be back where we started with the Blairites chucking their toys out of the pram because they don't like the democratically elected leader.

• Like 1

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK....why is immigration good for the UK.....From where I'm sitting the only people who welcome it with open arms are either ethnics that hate the British way of life....OR owners of big business that

No party that supports mass unchecked, uncontrolled immigration can claim to be the party of the working man, regardless of all their claims. The people most affected negatively and the biggest lose

Imagine that turn out!!.......   "Oh Jezza oppress me you whitey pig"   "Oh Di, my trident is armed and it's about to go off like Joseph Staling in a room full of political prisoners"   "Jezza,

TBH I do not think it matters as labour will not get in power for years maybe if Corbyn had backed brexit he would have gained more support in the long run.

Who the leader of the opposition is still matters in a parliamentary democracy even if they're not going to be in power for years.

Agree that he should have campaigned for Brexit TBH, campaigning on a "Remain & Reform" platform was him trying to compromise with the PLP and look how they've repaid him for that.

TBH I do not think it matters as labour will not get in power for years maybe if Corbyn had backed brexit he would have gained more support in the long run.

Who the leader of the opposition is still matters in a parliamentary democracy even if they're not going to be in power for years.

Agree that he should have campaigned for Brexit TBH, campaigning on a "Remain & Reform" platform was him trying to compromise with the PLP and look how they've repaid him for that.

Ye he should have stuck to his priciples on the E.U.Heard on the grapevine he gave a speech at the Duram miners gala.

Ye he should have stuck to his priciples on the E.U.Heard on the grapevine he gave a speech at the Duram miners gala.

Aye he did, was a cracking speech too :thumbs:

• Like 4

It's not even resolved whether Corbyn will be on the ballot. Does he get on automatically, or does he need the requisite nominations ? He could end up taking his own party to court !

If you're one of those who wouldn't vote Labour if your life depended on it, this should still matter to you, because it gets to the very foundations of democracy.

If we don't have an effective, combative opposition, then we have no functioning democracy. If Labour is ineffective or split, with no prospect of ever being elected, then what were left with is an unfettered Conservative party, not subject to any checks or balances.....and that, my friends, is a dictatorship !

• Like 3

It's not even resolved whether Corbyn will be on the ballot. Does he get on automatically, or does he need the requisite nominations ? He could end up taking his own party to court !

If you're one of those who wouldn't vote Labour if your life depended on it, this should still matter to you, because it gets to the very foundations of democracy.

If we don't have an effective, combative opposition, then we have no functioning democracy. If Labour is ineffective or split, with no prospect of ever being elected, then what were left with is an unfettered Conservative party, not subject to any checks or balances.....and that, my friends, is a dictatorship !

There will be new opposition,the current labour voters certainly aren't voting conservative any time soon.

UKIP vs conservative would be the best outcome,with a slightly more collectivist and patriotic UKIP and a free market conservative party,we could find the ideal middle ground for the British people.

I hope we leave the underclass of hardcore labour voters shattered and divided,voting for miscellaneous small parties and independent candidates.

Wasn't this the same old bird who taunted Boris he wasn't really interested in the brexit campaign it was all about his ambition to be leader of the party ....pot , kettle ,black !! ...

• Like 2