Rabbit Trapping

Looking to start abit of rabbit trapping to secure some new permo, the landowner isn't keen on dogs and ferreting not an option this time of year with cover etc so looking to get a few cage traps and see how i get on, any advice on where to buy them and any advice on cage trapping rabbits in genral would be greatly appreciated

fourteen acre sells them or solway feeders or failing that ebay

I make some myself after getting trap making from fourteen acre.

there are a few videos on you tube about rabbit traping, I found I have more success pre bait the area that I was going to trap with carrots slices.

• Like 1

Good luck theres a lot of natural food out there just now but try carrots , aples etc but a snare line will pick up the rabbits traveling to there feeding ground and home again and while a cage traps £25 a pop snares are pennys

Looking to start abit of rabbit trapping to secure some new permo, the landowner isn't keen on dogs and ferreting not an option this time of year with cover etc so looking to get a few cage traps and see how i get on, any advice on where to buy them and any advice on cage trapping rabbits in genral would be greatly appreciated

You'd have more success with snares mate and considerably cheaper..

Certainly an option mate, any where in particular recommended for snares? Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly an option mate, any where in particular recommended for snares? Cheers

please remember that in scotland the rules for snaring are different.......... must do a course for snaring get a unique number from your local plod and have every snare with a tag showing your number!

if caught snaring without this ............................... not only are you in trouble but also arming the antis with more ammo to fire at us!!!