Recording Lamping

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best thing for filming lamping is a proper camcorder....gopros just don't have the zoom IMO. This is if you want to see action rather than a dark dot going left to right and vice versa........JMH

here you go a better job  

Some you lads are incredible with the cameras but do you ever find you forget what your doing or stop enjoying the hunting because your trying to get a good shot !

go pro is handy but they are not that great in poor light plus you cant zoom. But they are bloody convenient

is it a go pro you use if you do what kind

yes its a GoPro HERO3+ silver

go pro is handy but they are not that great in poor light plus you cant zoom. But they are bloody convenient

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXIF2Jakg7I

is it a go pro you use if you do what kind

yes its a GoPro HERO3+ silver

Have you ever tried with the dog harness you can attach the gopro to?

The chest harness that come with actually fits a dog or at least mine and it held it reasonable steady but I would imagine if he was going at it full tilt the footage would not be great. Not tested that though

the vids look okay mate do you edit them before you put them on youtube?

Yes I use gopro studio that you can download. You can do loads with it but I just strip out some of the shite not all as you can see :laugh:

Then you can export the file in different formats youtube compatible for example.

Edited by terryd

The best thing for filming lamping is a proper camcorder....gopros just don't have the zoom IMO. This is if you want to see action rather than a dark dot going left to right and vice versa........JMHO.....

• Like 2

The best thing for filming lamping is a proper camcorder....gopros just don't have the zoom IMO. This is if you want to see action rather than a dark dot going left to right and vice versa........JMHO.....

how much you needing to spend on something proper?

Try a cheap camcorder.......

I remember trekking up the Dales with an early camcorder,spot of ferreting and wanting an home movie of the occasion,i remember the camcorder being bigger and heavier than the days catch,plus my ability with it made it a wasted exercise.It would be interesting for a few on here if you maybe started a fresh post JD with a tilt at educating a few of us neanderthals in the art of action shots etc.

It isn't a two man job. A bat with the corder and lamp mounted on it will give the best results. Did my first lamping video 22 years ago......when camcorders cost £650 and they weighed as much as a small elephant ha ha ha