Types Of Guard Dogs For Ur Yard .ie. Kennells And House.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

won't be long before they start hitting the headlines.Great dogs if you are doing security/patrol work or using them for sport knvp shutzhund french ring etc but defiantly not what I'd call a yard or

Thats my yard dog kelpie x collie he's tough as old boots and has shifted a few unsavoury caracters from my yard at night on a more than a few occasions.   Also he cracks the whip work wise because

ive nothing worth stealing but living rural ive known plenty of folks targeted by thieves for what little they do have from heating oil to a pensioners savings... ragnar is here to protect my dad and

Posted Images

2 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Is that the one that lays a trail of slobber down to trip up unsuspecting trespassers ?

Aye, if ya loose her ya just follow the snail trail lol I take her with me when I go stalking, I was down stalking sika stags, we where staying in a cottage on the estate and the deer where out the front and they where squealing that big f****r hide behind the sofa! Lol 

• Haha 2

I've got two pit cross am bulldogs who hate intruders and will deal with them.They may be there to steal your stereo but they might be there to rape or murder your family,so I have no problem with dogs protecting my home and loved ones.I live in a remote area and can't rely on law enforcement to react quickly in a emergency.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Aussie Whip said:

I've got two pit cross am bulldogs who hate intruders and will deal with them.They may be there to steal your stereo but they might be there to rape or murder your family,so I have no problem with dogs protecting my home and loved ones.I live in a remote area and can't rely on law enforcement to react quickly in a emergency.

fair play mate, you got to try  stop the scum from getting in your place , or any where near it . they reckon get the abd  one that healthy with the right temp , they brill guard dogs, so having that extra bit of apbt in there   put that bit more edge to to them ,

• Like 1
On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 21:20, TerrierKie said:

Old topic I know but here’s my bitch Callie 1 out of 2 Presa Canarios I own 

great guard dogs

3ECC0DDF-6F24-4202-9F01-2B3CD6A5165A.jpeg

FB719FFB-6C77-4759-A413-F933BFCF4F4A.jpeg

AAA83A3B-0E06-4399-A3B6-4A72FB45A935.jpeg

D50E2D23-B5F6-4C05-B500-793D51A71B6B.jpeg

Robust healthy looking animals. Not comments that can be made on many mastiff/bull types around these days. If they have stable temperaments then you can be justifiably proud.

The 1st one that I saw in the flesh was actually in Tenerife on a stag do many years ago. I left the place where I was having a liquid breakfast and crossed the road to try and have a bit of craic with the chap who was walking it. He did not, or would not speak English and was having none of it. Maybe not helped by the lads that I with, none of whom were dog men and never understood my obsession with all things canine, singing How Much Is That Doggy In The Window? T##ts!

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

Robust healthy looking animals. Not comments that can be made on many mastiff/bull types around these days. If they have stable temperaments then you can be justifiably proud.

The 1st one that I saw in the flesh was actually in Tenerife on a stag do many years ago. I left the place where I was having a liquid breakfast and crossed the road to try and have a bit of craic with the chap who was walking it. He did not, or would not speak English and was having none of it. Maybe not helped by the lads that I with, none of whom were dog men and never understood my obsession with all things canine, singing How Much Is That Doggy In The Window? T##ts!

Yes mate I’ve found my 2 very rustic and overall healthy and robust fairly good to train quick to learn and eager to obey and please 

a lot of people’s perceptions of the breed can differ I’ve always found with my 2 the litters I’ve bred & other Presa Canarios I’ve met to be very strong willed and upfront but very stable with it and under control it always comes down to the training put in I belive 

and I’d love to travel to the islands and see them in there native country of origin 

E4607CAE-E8CD-45E1-A41D-1F202F2DFDAC.jpeg

• Like 1
On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 04:32, Navek said:

Pitbulls make really shit guard dogs. Yea they bark if someone knocked on or come to the gate or hear someone in back yard but any dog will do that.truth mater is if someone looks through your window and sees it barking  there not going take the chance on if it does bite or not. Be it pit bull lab or collie difference is a good guard dog noes when to protect its property and owners. Mine barks at noises and when cars pull up and I recon it probably would protect the baby due to the bond they have but I wouldnt say  it was a gaudy dog . Plenty of better purpose bred gauging dogs out  there..

i had a presa x pit once he would guard to a degree 

I agree with you Navek the first pits that came over here were from latent fighting dogs and most were lousy guards.The pits here now are mostly cur bred but some of these non fighting dogs are awesome guards and very protective of their owners.