Types Of Guard Dogs For Ur Yard .ie. Kennells And House.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

won't be long before they start hitting the headlines.Great dogs if you are doing security/patrol work or using them for sport knvp shutzhund french ring etc but defiantly not what I'd call a yard or

Thats my yard dog kelpie x collie he's tough as old boots and has shifted a few unsavoury caracters from my yard at night on a more than a few occasions.   Also he cracks the whip work wise because

ive nothing worth stealing but living rural ive known plenty of folks targeted by thieves for what little they do have from heating oil to a pensioners savings... ragnar is here to protect my dad and

Posted Images

A lad on my Facebook has just got a Serbian Defense Dog - serious tool they are...

just a mungrely type of bandog.Seen a couple of them One of which was being hyped as the new best thing but has now gone through at least four different hands that I know of.From what I've seen theyre nothing special.

The one the lad has on Facebook isn't called Boris is it?

dont think it would be any better or worse ,than boerbol , as said both would have health probs(HD,ED,)and not long lived. when i kept bullmastiffs they had alot of pobs,and it was using a very good vet that told me that any breed of dog thats gets over 95 lbs, will get the above long term. the bullmastiff of old were from 80-100lbs fit healthy and great night dogs , this was in the 1930s, the breed fooked now . :yes: same as the gsd, thats why there out xing to bel mals to get healthy dog, there few old alsatians lines about that are old type its finding them the prob. if i really wanted a big guard dog i think prob go for a bandog type, or well bred boerbol good lines , or easy option get gsdx from the pound or a farm they bark and bite lol

• Like 1

I know of a few people over here using the Cain Corso dont know if i spelled that right ? They are scary dogs , i wont go near them . i refuse to go to one of my good friends property because he has 2 of them and they are very man aggressive . I could only imagine what they could do to a person..

I personally dont care for a maneater , ive been bit by several dogs in my time .apbt , german shepard , and terriers , they all Hurt , alot !

my terrier at home dose a good job of letting me know , if anyone is snooping around the house , and thats enough for me.

For my needs a guard dog is somewhat obsolete . As well as a liability.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Just curious as to what happens in law ,if your dog does bite an intruder on private property .All very well having a guard dog but you need to know the consequences too .

I don't think it's been tested in court yet but in theory even with the changes to the DDA you should be fine if they were on your property unlawfully. Of course never say your dog is a guard dog, it's just a pet that lives in the yard ;)

I'd think really carefully before getting a dog to guard dogs, if your dogs get out of the kennel will they try and fight the guard or vice versa? I used to keep bandogs to guard my bulldogs until one of my bulldogs got loose and decided he wanted to take on two 110lb bandogs :no: came home to one very dead dog and two banged up bandogs. I personally won't use dogs to guard dogs after that.

Was it the old English Bulldogs you bred pal?

Just curious as to what happens in law ,if your dog does bite an intruder on private property .All very well having a guard dog but you need to know the consequences too .

I don't think it's been tested in court yet but in theory even with the changes to the DDA you should be fine if they were on your property unlawfully. Of course never say your dog is a guard dog, it's just a pet that lives in the yard ;)

I'd think really carefully before getting a dog to guard dogs, if your dogs get out of the kennel will they try and fight the guard or vice versa? I used to keep bandogs to guard my bulldogs until one of my bulldogs got loose and decided he wanted to take on two 110lb bandogs :no: came home to one very dead dog and two banged up bandogs. I personally won't use dogs to guard dogs after that.

APBT pal, old habit referring to them as bulldogs :thumbs:

APBT pal, old habit referring to them as bulldogs :thumbs:
Ok mate, just my dogs grandsire was killed in the same circumstances as yours thought it might have been him ??

Funny coincidence that. Just goes to show what I was saying in my original post though, dogs guarding dog aggressive dogs is a disaster waiting to happen :yes:[/quote

Exactly mate, I bet it happens quite regular too and considering the size of some of these guard dogs whatever they're supposed to be guarding won't stand a cat in hells chance!

The problem for those kinda dogs is that they'll go into anything without a moments hesitation

Yes they're the best at what they do, but there's a reason they're fought in lb's and no decent bulldog man would really even consider giving away just 1lb in weight