What Type Will Your Next Lurcher Be?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When the time comes I'll be looking for summat that is quick and might actually catch something as opposed to the useless curry thieving pot licking freeloaders that are farting on the settee next to

I only catch a hand full of rabbits,... for me, the craic is the main thing... I am just a part timer,...but the cur bitch I have now,..is a reliable marker/hunter.... So,...next time around ...(

Doing one justice? They don't need too go too fens fully conditioned up too match too do them justice mate ?   Good warm kennel quality feed plenty exercise and time too grow out and they can be wha

Posted Images

I have a saluki collie grew. Roughly 1/4 saluki 1/8 collie the rest grew. Can't fault him TBH and at 2 yrs old he's showing some good potential. 24"TTS and wouldn't want anything bigger.

Would like to get something similar but with a bit more collie blood in.

post-52908-0-19632100-1468052295_thumb.png

• Like 6

im really considering a coursing type pup! im just worried if i could do one justice! but like said in another post im hoping to see some go this season so we will see what they are capable of and weather they would suit me!

atb

Doing one justice? They don't need too go too fens fully conditioned up too match too do them justice mate ?

Good warm kennel quality feed plenty exercise and time too grow out and they can be whatever you want one too be, be that an out and out point and slip coursing dog or a dog that simply does a bit of everything lamping mooching ferreting, flushing jack of all trades, either way the dogs been gone justice, if they bred right good confirmation good stamina feet and genuine desire too kill are pre installed they all handy traits for anyone that wants a dog fit for a purpose

• Like 7

And why?

My last 2 have been whippet x's,and I love their agility,turn and temperament but they've also cost a lot in vets bills over the years,and the one I have now also has collie and pointer in him too,and is very sensitive and can be hard work (I blame his strange eccentric behaviour on that).

So I'll look out for a gundog x or failing that a shepherd x for my next one,because if the dog was a bit easier going and durable I'd get out with it a lot more.

post-5903-0-46445300-1468082045_thumb.jpg

If i can find someone with a Greyhound or Whippet / Grey to put this Labradoodle across

I`de want to do this, to add brains, coat, and the natural want to retrieve has to be a plus too

Yis Mars.

• Like 1

And why?

My last 2 have been whippet x's,and I love their agility,turn and temperament but they've also cost a lot in vets bills over the years,and the one I have now also has collie and pointer in him too,and is very sensitive and can be hard work (I blame his strange eccentric behaviour on that).

So I'll look out for a gundog x or failing that a shepherd x for my next one,because if the dog was a bit easier going and durable I'd get out with it a lot more.

DSCN0793_edited.jpg

If i can find someone with a Greyhound or Whippet / Grey to put this Labradoodle across

I`de want to do this, to add brains, coat, and the natural want to retrieve has to be a plus too

Yis Mars.

They would probably be belters too
  • Like 1

:hmm:I only catch a hand full of rabbits,... for me, the craic is the main thing...

I am just a part timer,...but the cur bitch I have now,..is a reliable marker/hunter....

So,...next time around ...( if I am still around :laugh: ) I will seek out a racy three quarter Greyhound x Collie/Kelpie/Beardie stud,..and maybe put him over her..

That will see me out....end of story,......done and dusted....Finito... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 9

NOT a saluki X whippet

Why not mate?

They should be called sulky whippets ha he is just a pain in the Arse, he whines constantly, lacks a lot of drive, gives up, doesn't try as hard as I know he can, very fussy eater, in greatfull little b*****d, i would like to think they are not all like that but me personally won't entertain one again

Was out on my travels yesterday, on my way home this van load of lads with 5 saluki lurchers pulled up alongside of me, crackers they was, wouldn't mind summat like that in my yard, but out from working stock id be happy with, im just in the mood for bringing on a pup

• Like 1

Was out on my travels yesterday, on my way home this van load of lads with 5 saluki lurchers pulled up alongside of me, crackers they was, wouldn't mind summat like that in my yard, but out from working stock id be happy with, im just in the mood for bringing on a pup

There's been some belting litters on here of late.

Good to see you back posting.

• Like 2