Unusual Fitness Regimes?

Has any body got any unusual techniques for getting the dog fit. Like most fellas I use a bike and walk a lot, for me its too early for real fitness work but I found an old Tyre and have the bitch pulling it a little on the harness. Have seen one fella using a parachute that sprinters use for resistance training - Just wondering if anyone has innovative ideas or something outside the box? Thanks S2H :thumbs:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me is dog that loves to run with bike,,,that's why I have old man's style foldy up bike in boot,,the dog loves it ,,when she's fitt I know cause it's like she's pushing me,,,I think find what ur d

Canny beat some free runnning on the beach...   Its nothing unusual but the dogs love a good gallop and a dip in the sea..

I don't know if it's considered "unusual" or not but I've been doing a bit of H.I.I.T with my dogs. Similar principe to what some humans do when training for an event or just to get fit.   Running

Posted Images

i spend most my time trying to slow mine down not speed the bugger up :laugh:

few runs on the lamp and build up be fine in few weeks when the time comes. He don't need to be super fit for what I do anyway

• Like 3

I do similar myself lads just thought i might try a few different things, never really bothered with lures and all that, stick to the real stuff! Had fun flying down the side of a massive hill on the bike the other day & thought I was flying - until the dog pressed the turbo button! Good fun though.

it's not unusual but i went out on some permission on a quad with them following next to it saturday along the jurrasic coast.up and down some long steep hills.good fun.

Good fun for you and the dogs and you didn't even break a sweat! :thumbs:

• Like 1

There's an old unused runway up.the road from me so I'm gonna get a pushbike and ride steady up and down with the dog.as it's flat here.the mountains were great for getting the dogs fit in wales. But im on the flat now lol.

• Like 1

Little walks threw the day bushing/mooching about,then plenty of bunnys early in the season,then once fit it's a different story atb mud

Spot on Mud, you dont have to kill em mid summer. Keep em up to speed with plenty of free running and get em on early season bunnies, a few at a time to blow out the cobwebs...

"Running fit, is the ONLY fit..."

Tighten em up for sure but dont kill em doing it. Real effort is done on them cold October nights and through the other months.

Remember that when your pushing hard out of a motor or on a bike MID-SUMMER...!!