Wrong time of year for real ale drinking ... The summer is for cider or lager sat outside in a nice beer garden in a quiet country pub watching the world amble by .... The winter is the time for real ales ... A nice quiet pub with a real fire and the rain lashing the Windows ... Atmosphere is everything ........

What cider do you drink in the beer garden of a nice country pub ? All my local country pubs sell the fizzy stuff or the bottled fruity stuff .

• Like 1

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as you have left it rather late in life to start a career on the piss may I suggest you forget the missing years, starting on beer working upto lager etc etc and just get straight on the cider, and I

Seeing as you are new to the drinking game youngster here are some basic rules that will help you     Always do something to earn your pint ,it can be a visit to the gym or a days work or a bank j

NO NO NO NO NO forget all that strongbow bullmers nonsense real made scrumpy from local sources that's the way to go ... Whenever I work down the west country way in the summer I always look out for t

Gnasher, walk to the top of your lane and check out the pub.

Nice little country pub,with real ales plus guest real ales every week.

The guest ales are usually in a wooden keg sitting ontop of a table behind the ramp.

Or the cricket club for bottled stuff like Bishop's finger and hobgobblin.

You know where he lives ??? Fukcing stalker ......

Shut it john wayne ;)

Wrong time of year for real ale drinking ... The summer is for cider or lager sat outside in a nice beer garden in a quiet country pub watching the world amble by .... The winter is the time for real ales ... A nice quiet pub with a real fire and the rain lashing the Windows ... Atmosphere is everything ........

What cider do you drink in the beer garden of a nice country pub ? All my local country pubs sell the fizzy stuff or the bottled fruity stuff .

commerical in chapeltown does great guest ciders not your shitty strongbow etc

How dare you I am a pacifist ......

Nothing wrong with pacifists......just as long as its not these confused cant quite make my mind up types !

I am difinetely a pacifist ... Well unless I can fill you in or I think I'm safe then perhaps I'm not .......

Actually forget about the confused cant quite make my mind up sort......try the im going to the rozzers if you come anywhere near me sort :laugh:

Just read this.

Nahh he didn't did he

Unbelievable that.

What a giant knunt.

Just read this.

Nahh he didn't did he

Unbelievable that.

What a giant knunt.

The art of a cowards survival is not letting things get to the point where cowardice can be exposed ;)

On the beer front :boogy: just come back from Cyprus a pal of mine who has a bar there took me to a cracking little place called The Old Fishing Shack in Paphos ive never seen as many beers in my life we was acting like dicks and chucking money about so the old boy who owns it pulled out some bottles of rare Thomas Hardy ale......well well well it put all the others in the shade it was absolutely gorgeous i dont know if any of you chaps have had it before ?......he had loads of ales id never heard of or most likely ever drink again some nice some not so nice.......but whoever this Thomas Hardy geezer was he made a blinding drop of beer !......anyway home now for a few weeks and back on the Doombar sadly.....hope you lads are enjoying your summer refreshments as much as i am :thumbs:

Edited by gnasher16

Just read this.

Nahh he didn't did he

Unbelievable that.

What a giant knunt.

The art of a cowards survival is not letting things get to the point where cowardice can be exposed ;)

On the beer front :boogy: just come back from Cyprus a pal of mine who has a bar there took me to a cracking little place called The Old Fishing Shack in Paphos ive never seen as many beers in my life we was acting like dicks and chucking money about so the old boy who owns it pulled out some bottles of rare Thomas Hardy ale......well well well it put all the others in the shade it was absolutely gorgeous i dont know if any of you chaps have had it before ?......he had loads of ales id never heard of or most likely ever drink again some nice some not so nice.......but whoever this Thomas Hardy geezer was he made a blinding drop of beer !......anyway home now for a few weeks and back on the Doombar sadly.....hope you lads are enjoying your summer refreshments as much as i am :thumbs:

Hmm. Being from dorset I'm guessing it might be a dorset beer probably Eldridge Pope ?? Used to smell t,he hops from there when I got off bus for school years ago.

Dunno about being rare unless it's because it's over there

Was you tipsy and flashing your wedge around to much lol

Just read this.

Nahh he didn't did he

Unbelievable that.

What a giant knunt.

Check the Thomas hardy ale on eBay.

Some vintage stuff on there Gnasher that im sure you will love ;)

• Like 1

Just read this.

Nahh he didn't did he

Unbelievable that.

What a giant knunt.

Hmm. Being from dorset I'm guessing it might be a dorset beer probably Eldridge Pope ?? Used to smell t,he hops from there when I got off bus for school years ago.

Dunno about being rare unless it's because it's over there

Was you tipsy and flashing your wedge around to much lol

Eldridge Pope that was it.....i made the mistake of trying to disguise my lightweight drinking performances by saying i like quality not quantity :D .......this old boy knew his beers so copped the attitude of " oh well in that case " !!

Ive got a couple of quid tied up in vintage wine so i know a tiny bit about that i just didnt realise ale had its vintages as well he was coming up with 82,s,76,s etc......i was too far gone to take in that much info but it was an interesting few sessions we had......some of these ales were almost chocolate/caramel/toffee in taste......really nice.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2

Try the badger ales gnasher, hall & Woodhouse brewer in blandford ,great selection some good for winter time with game food some are great in hot weather with suitable food or on their own. Tanglefoots a good one .

Thanks mate i,ll add them to the inventory :thumbs:

Try the badger ales gnasher, hall & Woodhouse brewer in blandford ,great selection some good for winter time with game food some are great in hot weather with suitable food or on their own. Tanglefoots a good one .

Thanks mate i,ll add them to the inventory :thumbs:
. +1 on the Tanglefoot
  • Like 1