• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sam as a pup       As a young dog    

Couple more of snicker    

Litter brother Snicker  

Any decent working Saluki's down there SS?

If there is I haven't been able to find them. I have two bitches one sal x stag that can shift and has good wind and loves to chase but refuses to bite anything. I am fast running out of patience with her as she is nearly 2yo. Her dam is a show bred saluki but was used for hunting and is quite handy too the sire is from a long line of hunting staghounds. It took me a long time to find this litter and a 2000km round trip to get her and she appears to not have the fire! My new bitch is about 9 months old is unrelated saluki sire (show bred) x whippet. She has the fire and looks promising so far. But I come across her by chance and grabbed her even though I didn't really have space for another dog. So to answer your question there is a severe lack of working salukis here. Atvb.

Silver maybe a few of you hunting lads getting together and importing a Saluki or Three from Great Britain might be a good idea ?

Great idea but most of the lads I know are happy with the dogs available and hare coursing is not a big thing here. Most young blokes want to hunt pigs with dogs and we do have some excellent stock for this purpose and salukis will not add anything beneficial to pulling down a big boar that I can see. In future I have half a mind to get straws sent over of some honest coursing stock.
  • Like 1

Anyway back to the saliki cup!!!who's in?

They must all have rossette dogs mate ,
6 so far DB all English come on and step up to the plate boys surely there must be Irish and Scottish challengers.

Anyway back to the saliki cup!!!who's in?

They must all have rossette dogs mate ,

6 so far DB all English come on and step up to the plate boys surely there must be Irish and Scottish challengers.

[/quote

I only know of 3 who are the other 3?