Finally Narrowed Down To Ranger, L200, Or Hi Lux

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From a couple of mates that have the Isuzu's they are apparently the best mpg of all the trucks , the latest models are certainly up their with the hilux in build and quality .. The one shore bet wit

You haven't rushed into this have you mate?   Cheers, D.

Funny you should say that about the ranger , my pal bought one new six months ago and recons it's the most uncomftable motor he has ever bought ..gives him back ache if he's driving it for more than a

Had a 55 & 58 one of my lads got 05 good work horse but I still like the old toyotas think it comes down to what you want to spend Mercedes are doing one next year. Atb Flacko

• Like 1

I ve driven all the crew cabs and without doubt the navara was most comfortable, it was an 8 hour round trip. It was a 2013 model and had height adjustment on the seat which many trucks had nt at the time. I d love to get one but I ve read to many bad reviews on them. Isuzu rodeo was great off road but a bit more agricultural. L200 and ranger were older models but would have made great dog trucks . I ve owned 2 hi lux s and I found both twitchy on the arse end .

• Like 1

I get 30mpg average with my navara and it's done all I've asked of it? I used to have a manual one and it did get a bit slippery on the back end when off road, but I think all rear wheel drive pick ups do if you don't put them in 4wd lol got the same version with an auto box now and I like it TBH? Surprised the navs not been mentioned?

cos the engines blow up at 80 k

Slightly off topic and hope you don't mind me jumping on here Moorside but to the lads who've got these pickup trucks - what sort of MPG are you getting? Around town and on a run?

I've seen the book figures for them but I don't think they are ever close to real life figures.

I thought you had a Hilux? Mine does 30mpg average and 36-38mpg on a run.

No mate I've got a Vectra estate. Really fancy one of these pickups and need one really but I'm a bit of an MPG lover. My Vectra does 40mpg driven hard around town and close to 60mpg on a run driven steady.
If you worried about MPG convert one to LPG I have a forester and I get around 200 mile for £20. Definitely worth doing especially on big 4x4
That's never crossed my mind to be honest mate. Certainly worth thinking about.

What sort of money is the conversion?

Not sure to tbh but definitely worth doing. Iv heard its around £800 to £1000 but the gas is less to buy and tax is also lowered. If buying a newish motor definitely worth looking at

Iv had mine a year now and it's never missed a beat and been through most terrains only having to be pulled out once when every wheel was off the floor.

Thanks for that fella. Will look into it for sure.

LPG conversions are for petrol engines. I don't know of any pickups in the UK market that have petrol engines. Unfortunately it doesn't matter how any body spins it, 30mpg is about ya lot with them.

http://www.diesellpg.co.uk.

There has been diesel lpg conversions for a while now or well my old man has one

Edited by BIGLURKS

I get 30mpg average with my navara and it's done all I've asked of it? I used to have a manual one and it did get a bit slippery on the back end when off road, but I think all rear wheel drive pick ups do if you don't put them in 4wd lol got the same version with an auto box now and I like it TBH? Surprised the navs not been mentioned?

you must of been unlucky? I've had 2 over 100k now? An 06 and a 56? maybe just a good year lol but I'd buy another tommorow (if mine were to "blow up") lol

There has been diesel lpg conversions for a while now or well my old man has one

That's very interesting. They seem to be selling it on performance increase rather than economy, do you have any idea what it improves economy by? 10-30% increase in power could realistically be matched by a decent remap at half the cost and without the need for a gas tank.

That's very interesting. They seem to be selling it on performance increase rather than economy, do you have any idea what it improves economy by? 10-30% increase in power could realistically be matched by a decent remap at half the cost and without the need for a gas tank.

iam really not clued up on it too be honest my old man had he's done he told me unless your doing a lot of motour way miles it's not worth it for the benefits too out way the cost of installing it but the one problem he does find it lags a lot more round town when your not really gunning it but he has a switch. Inside that turns it off he only uses it on the motur way but he is doing close too 200 motorway miles a day he said he gets close too 1000 miles on both tanks were he was only getting 700 miles on just desiel that's as much of my knowledge
  • Like 1

you must of been unlucky? I've had 2 over 100k now? An 06 and a 56? maybe just a good year lol but I'd buy another tommorow (if mine were to "blow up") lol

I know 2 that went bang 'around the 80k mark, but more worryingly my keeper mate got a brand new one for his work truck (water board) was very comf, looked the part, tackled some rough stuff (he had a good set of all terrain fitted) but Christ it sounded like a skeleton having a wank in a biscuit barrel, when he brought it round the farm to show off the first day, we honestly expected a tractor to come round the corner, thought it was an old fergie coming, I said he should take it straight back and get it checked !

• Like 1

Put all the names in a hat and pick one think they are all pretty simaler but had a trojan mpg was shite got a toyota hiace van same emgine as hilux had it 13 year all ive done to it is a new stater motor got 180.000 on it so far its no a easy choice mones would be hilux

• Like 1

I know 2 that went bang 'around the 80k mark, but more worryingly my keeper mate got a brand new one for his work truck (water board) was very comf, looked the part, tackled some rough stuff (he had a good set of all terrain fitted) but Christ it sounded like a skeleton having a wank in a biscuit barrel, when he brought it round the farm to show off the first day, we honestly expected a tractor to come round the corner, thought it was an old fergie coming, I said he should take it straight back and get it checked !

the ones that went BANG were pre 55 reg (weak big end bolts) I'm driving one now, had a 05 ranger before that but found it a bit thirsty @ around 300 miles to a tank , I'm getting 430 / 450 to a tank with the navara , , there are a couple of small firms up here in the north east selling navaras with the modifications all done , good prices and a good warranty,

I drive a mk1 ranger and I cant fault it it does all that Ii want of it, that said I am now looking to get a newer truck and would have a new ranger after test driveing one feels like my truck. At one time I was thinking about a great wall streed they are vavel for money but after hearing reveiw about parts I wont get one.

I drive a mk1 ranger and I cant fault it it does all that Ii want of it, that said I am now looking to get a newer truck and would have a new ranger after test driveing one feels like my truck. At one time I was thinking about a great wall streed they are vavel for money but after hearing reveiw about parts I wont get one.

what have you heard about parts? I was looking at them not bad money for a nearly new one

what have you heard about parts? I was looking at them not bad money for a nearly new one

I have heard that most dealers dont keep parts in stock and you have to order parts which can take up to weeks to arrive and there is no patren part avilable for them yet.