Barbel Fishing?

Was just wondering if anyone could put me onto some good rivers/spots to fish for barbel in the orthopaedic of England ie Durham, Northumberland, North Yorkshire etc.

I know a lot of people don't like to share good fishing spots but I just thought I would ask, in the hope that somebody can point me in the right direction

Cheers

• Like 1

Cheers for the reply lads, I don't mind a drive if I'm going to get the sport. I've never fished for barbel but I'm really interested in them and would love to catch a few. I'm going to start fishing for them quite often.

Thanks again for the replies

Cheers for that oxo, where do I go for the permit?

I fish Durham area mate, join ferryhill angling club, will deffo not go wrong. £70 a year for three coarse lakes with a good head of carp, All in different areas as well as plenty barble and chub swims on a good stretch of river wear. Just heard a rumour of a recent 18lb barble.

Barble and chub seem to be in pockets, but if someone shows you around you will do fine.

• Like 1

Cheers for that oxo, where do I go for the permit?

I fish Durham area mate, join ferryhill angling club, will deffo not go wrong. £70 a year for three coarse lakes with a good head of carp, All in different areas as well as plenty barble and chub swims on a good stretch of river wear. Just heard a rumour of a recent 18lb barble.

Barble and chub seem to be in pockets, but if someone shows you around you will do fine.

You also get some of the river Tyne at Bellingham and heddo haughs and isle approx 3 mile.

Stretch of the river swale at catterick, and a stretch of the river tees approx 1.5 mile.

The stretch of the river wear they have is above and below Sunderland bridge, approx 7 mile.

For barble defiantly the river wear, its very underestimated and the fish are rearly fished for compared to some places. Atb

• Like 3

I had a go on trent last night. had 9 chub. one barbel run and got snapped half way down hooklength so must have caught/rubbed summat. Then sat and watched a barn owl for ten mins this mornin in the field at the back of me so still worth the trip even tho no barbel.

• Like 4

charlyfly only ever seems to fish topcliffe and members waters theres not much day ticket left on the swale now but Cundall Farm is worth a look don,t go to Cundall lodge.Fawdington is day ticket and theres some cracking pegs on there but not many.Theres A few day tickets to be had at helperby too.Myton Grange is very hard unless you can get on the first peg.Then theres plenty day tickets at morton on swale get tickets from post office in village

• Like 1