Sign in to follow this  
Busher100

Whirrier's

wheaten whippet couldnt fault the old boy. dont think he ever had a sick day. no reverse gear .

post-100217-0-12686300-1467658664_thumb.jpg

ideal for all round pesters dog.

• Like 11

wheaten whippet couldnt fault the old boy. dont think he ever had a sick day. no reverse gear .

attachicon.gifDSC00980.JPG

What was his speed like? He looks like a good strong dog.

faster than he looks with his full coat. but lacked a gear to be honest.

Guest Navek

faster than he looks with his full coat. but lacked a gear to be honest.

I bet if he was put over a grew they would bin some handy little moochers

To be honest I can't work out why whippet x grey isn't more popular ,though mooching around with a small lurcher or leggy terrier/mongrel type is fun.

It's what the old blokes used to use around my end when I was a young lad.....bolt with little terrier, whippet / greyhound straight up the rabbits arse....they tended to use the smaller bitches about 23/24inch I'd reckon. You need something like that around here if your bushing little horse fields.....whippets are fast, but they just don't have the stride and ability to cover the ground as quick.

To be honest I can't work out why whippet x grey isn't more popular ,though mooching around with a small lurcher or leggy terrier/mongrel type is fun.

It's what the old blokes used to use around my end when I was a young lad.....bolt with little terrier, whippet / greyhound straight up the rabbits arse....they tended to use the smaller bitches about 23/24inch I'd reckon. You need something like that around here if your bushing little horse fields.....whippets are fast, but they just don't have the stride and ability to cover the ground as quick.

That's where my brindle bitch comes into her own. Daytime rabbit bashing. Not much gets passed her if the terrier flushes it out of cover.

She's 24" and 44lb and I think she's similar built to whip/grey type. I forget exactly how she works out percentage wise but she's deer/collie/whip/grey...

0091861A-BBB6-4579-B1F1-553FE6D7801F_zps

• Like 3

Always liked the look of the whirriers think they could be handy mooching dogs,I've got a dvd here phil bastey with his rat pack of patterdale whippets they are demons on the rats,not sure if they are half crosses or what.I'm sure they'd be good on rabbits etc as well.