Whirrier's

I have a young whippet bitch who i take mooching with my terriers she is keen as mustard and will hit brambles top speed after game and has a nose to die for if she carrys on like this in a few seasons i was thinking of putting my patterdale x plummer dog over her only once they both show they are consistant workers and dont mind sharp ends , the resulting pups would be kept back and used for flushing fox over open type marshland and thick cover. Any pics of your whirriers would be appreciated atb.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wheaten whippet couldnt fault the old boy. dont think he ever had a sick day. no reverse gear .   ideal for all round pesters dog.

She's 'kind of' a whirrier - dam 100% terrier, sire first cross border terrier x whippet, which makes her 3/4 terrier, 1/4 whippet. If you go ahead with your plan and the pups turn out anything like m

My little bitch Molly 20" 3/4 whippet 1/4 bedlington.

Posted Images

post-92720-0-01462300-1467298218_thumb.jpg

She's 'kind of' a whirrier - dam 100% terrier, sire first cross border terrier x whippet, which makes her 3/4 terrier, 1/4 whippet. If you go ahead with your plan and the pups turn out anything like mine you'll be pleased you did. She's got a great nose and is incredibly focussed when working. Very persistent - if there's a rabbit about she'll find it (flushes other stuff too, but rabbits are my main quarry).

• Like 10

What were ur whirriers like on teeth pre ban?

I knew of a 3/4 whippet 1/4 beddy that would tackle teeth pre ban, I also know of 2 whippets that were always worked together but accounted for a lot of fox many years ago. The addition of terrier blood should only be beneficial I think, assuming the right terrier blood is used.

• Like 2

attachicon.gif20150422_171934.jpg

She's 'kind of' a whirrier - dam 100% terrier, sire first cross border terrier x whippet, which makes her 3/4 terrier, 1/4 whippet. If you go ahead with your plan and the pups turn out anything like mine you'll be pleased you did. She's got a great nose and is incredibly focussed when working. Very persistent - if there's a rabbit about she'll find it (flushes other stuff too, but rabbits are my main quarry).

is she quick enough to pick up a bolter across a field or just the odd one out of cover mate

I had a half cross bedlington whippet just under 23" and used him for what your intending to use yours for he was a great dog gutsy as hell he would work cover mark and work with a terrier in the ground and on afew occasion he's broken through by the time iv got to them killed his last fox age 10 after pulling him out of the rocks as the terrier worked it by that stage in his life his best running days were behind him but in cover or from a bolt he could still get on terms but in the open he just didnt have enough wind left in him to catch I'd love another like him of the same cross but I think I was lucky with him atb rt

• Like 1

attachicon.gif20150422_171934.jpg

is she quick enough to pick up a bolter across a field or just the odd one out of cover mate

She'd never get a bolter that's clear of cover and running across an open field, but she catches loads in cover and plenty at/near the mouth of the hole while ferreting. She's just turned 2 and has accounted for well over 100.

• Like 1