• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's it Johnny,,you tell him something positive,,,pneumonia,,,lol

In Johnnys case it was called Gnomeonia....?

Start a thread about broken ribs in hope that there's some kind of relief from it but as you've found there isn't. Broken ribs are that bad just looking at a LOL is painful.

Not nice fella and no quick remedies that I'm aware of. Done mine twice. Once broken and once just badly bruised and to be honest there wasn't a lot in them, pain wise. They were both agonising for a few weeks.

As said above keep active. Don't be tempted to rot in bed regardless of how painful it is.

Had broken ribs before,when i fell i bounced back up quick and didnt feel a thing,then the pain started,and massive bruising,the shallow breaths were the worst,like i was suffocating,and every movement with the bruising was agony.

sorry... still in pain 3 years on..... still don't think mine have set properly yet..

I was crushed by cattle against a 5 wire (Barbed) fence.. managed a fractured skull at the same time :laugh:

Take as much medication that your prescription allows and make sure you breath properly..

Breath in and out properly mate, if you don't you get liquid in your lungs.... trust me I know I broke a few of mine a few months ago ;)

Were you roller blading again

Nope on a bike and the fecking dog nearly killed me ??? granted it was some cnut on a mopeds fault mind :laugh:

I have broken ribs three time to date. They were all different pain wise, I think it's a matter of where on the ribs you actually break or get hit. The second time I broke them was around the back of the ribs, granddaughter leaving her toys on the stairs, stepped on it and my feet went from under me, and ended up hitting my back on the bottom step. The break was close to the spine and to be honest it was nothing like the other twice I broke them. I was off work for two weeks, but after that it was not so bad as long as I took my time.

TC