Zeroing Range?

Hello All,

What is the general consenses on the best range to zero my .22 air rifle at?

Also I have always zeroed by making the crosshair go to the centre of the target, but I have been told shoot a pellet and if it is off zero I should take the crosshair to the pellet hole, then re-aim. Which way do you zero?

Thanks

John...

Edited by Gaoler

i zero my 22 at 28 yards. when i zero i fold a piece of paper into four so you get perfect center, then draw a red felt pen over the creases. Then its just a matter of lining your cross hairs up with the cross on your paper, and adjust as necessary.

• Like 2

30 yards mate. Just cos the length of the garden.

Even though the 'mil dot theory' does work now and then, we all just aim and hope in reality.

When it works, we're like "what a superb bit of shooting!, Im such a banging shot..."

but actually...

same shot again, same mil dots..... miss... "Ahhhh, wont mention that one"

Its the laws of airgun shooting, quite a mystery, we all actually think we know loads, but still miss those sitters...

Again... "Wont mention that one."

:)

• Like 3

23 yards purely because thats the range from sitting in my bottom garage to the target in the top garage and i know if i leave it just clipping the top of the bull its spot on at 30 yards

I usually zero my .22 HW77 and FAC HW80 .22 at 30 METRES (not Yards). But, lately, such is the smooth accuracy of both these rifles, I've been zeroing at 35 metres and the results are terrific. Hold under for ranges shorter than this but pretty much dead-on for 45-50 metres. Try it.

• Like 1