ive fxxked up big style ???? ive shot my .17hmr with not knowing my mod was loose thus marking the exit from the mod its now oval

ive stripped it redrilled till the hole is round ,have I tampered with its certification ?????? ive re zeroed it but will it last or do I have to exchange it on my firearms certificate,whats the crack purchasing another mod ???????

To exchange a moderator you are supposed to put in for a variation and take your old one for disposal to the RFD. In practice I've found, go to the RFD who will likely sell you one with a wink wink nod nod and go about your day as a fugitive. Bottom line is...If you have no serial No on the moderator who's to know or care.

Edited by foxtrotoscar

ive fxxked up big style ???? ive shot my .17hmr with not knowing my mod was loose thus marking the exit from the mod its now oval

ive stripped it redrilled till the hole is round ,have I tampered with its certification ?????? ive re zeroed it but will it last or do I have to exchange it on my firearms certificate,whats the crack purchasing another mod ???????

What certification are you referring to?

To exchange a moderator you are supposed to put in for a variation and take your old one for disposal to the RFD. In practice I've found, go to the RFD who will likely sell you one with a wink wink nod nod and go about your day as a fugitive. Bottom line is...If you have no serial No on the moderator who's to know or care.

I think that would have best been said in a PM or preferably not at all!

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

no deker meaning ive tampered with it can we do that I'm a novice ,,the baffles weren't damaged I presumed these have been tested and certified ?????

ive only opened the exit by around 1mm max is that legal??????????

Why?

Why?

Firstly you advise Gibbo to go and ask an RFD to sell him a moderator for a firearm under the counter on an open forum, great advice, and then ask why?………………hazard a guess as to why it may not have been the best advice to give.

Why?

Firstly you advise Gibbo to go and ask an RFD to sell him a moderator for a firearm under the counter on an open forum, great advice, and then ask why?………………hazard a guess as to why it may not have been the best advice to give.

The thing with forums is everyone gets paranoid and becomes OTT about the slightest details. Most mods for R/F are equally available for a sub 12 airgun. If people want to put in a variation for a moderator "unknown" to be replaced with another moderator "unknown"and wait possibly months for for the certificate to be returned, then dig out! The law is pretty dumb about mods and a couple of FEO's I've spoken with are only concerned that you have the slot for one, as no means of checking are possible on those without a serial No.

If you've ever swapped your R/F mods, then you're a hypocrite, if not then live a little!