Wasp & Bumble Bees

I have a video somewhere of bumble bees and wasps together in a bird box.

In the end up it wasn't co habitation. The wasps just killed the bees and took over the bird box.

Can someone clarify something for me .A neighbour has bumble bees in her rabbit hutch and on asking a pesty he says they are protected and must be left .They can't use their garden as a result as he is allergic to stings .If I move the entire nest will they go back ?

They aren't protected FD but most good pest controllers will move them before killing. If you can get at the nest move it at dusk/dark if you can as most bees will be in. They will happily carry on from the new location. Be careful if they're tree bees (white tail) they will sting more than most bumbles.

• Like 1

FD, no bees in the Uk are protected. The amount of times I get the same old " you can't touch them, I've been on the Internet" or " the council won't do them as they're protected" drives me up the wall!

• Like 1

Most councils won't do them for fear of reprisal through the media.

"Council kills bees" as a headline I'm guessing, isn't the message they want broadcasting to the misinformed.

It's the insecticides used which carry the weight of the law. Particularly where honey bees are concerned.

Thanks lads I'll tell her lol.

http://www.bbka.org.uk/

Depending on the type of bees and location this lot will potentially move for free, certainly offer advice!

And as above, no they are not protected, but I will generally only remove a bee nest if it presenting a genuine safety issue!

http://www.gameandvermincontrol.co.uk/pestserv.htm#Bees