Subsistence Lifestyle Could You ???

Have yall been made aware of the high altitude electro magnetic pulse HEMP bomb and what it will do and how easy it is to accomplish? HEMP is a very likely scenario that some of America's military has been hardening.

Few people know it's realities and it's consequences. Very very very few people are even aware of it. If you don't know what it is, it might be interesting to research and look up. Your subsistence living fantasy might take on another level of importance.

Very scary stuff

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think its a great Idea and something I'd like to do for a week or two to get away from everything but not as a lifestyle You could learn to really use your practical living skills properly   Troubl

I live in a cabin I built myself, no telly and probably % meat or fish I eat I caught. Got hens and now some sheep. Not really subsistence as I work but I try, can't be doing with the veggies etc thou

But how would we get on thl without the internet?

I am a member of a bowhunting forum,coincidence today as Life Below Zero is mentioned on it,the states must have a new series? that hasnt been screened here yet?Chip Hailstone is getting criticised for chasing a musk ox with his skidoo and shooting it several times with a muzzle loader before it drops.I have also just read that Sue was attacked by a grizzly a few years ago,shot it dead,and lay alone for 10 days till help arrived,no the wonder she always describes herself as a food group and is paranoid about predators.

His carabue hunting leaves a lot to be desired to .... They basically shoot into the mass of a running herd and hope for the best .......

Bugger me,,,,that jap fella I mentioned earlier is on Ray mears right now on travel Chanel plus one hour,,,

I have been on the island he was on mate,he didnt exactly live off the land as was made out,fair enough he foraged BUT he also raided farmers crops,robbed,even murdered a couple of locals,i think he was a bit unhinged.

• Like 2

Has anybody else noticed that chip is a lazy b*****d and his missus and kids seem to do most of the work ......

He had felony convictions,some crime against state troopers or somesuch misdemeanour,thats why you never see him handling a gun in the original series and the wife was the shooter,maybe his conviction is spent as in the series being aired stateside he shoots,his wife adopts the spray and pray scheme of shooting into a massed carabou herd and hoping for the best.

I live in a cabin I built myself, no telly and probably 80% meat or fish I eat I caught. Got hens and now some sheep. Not really subsistence as I work but I try, can't be doing with the veggies etc though as they're cheap enough in the shops. I like isolation which is hard to come by in the south east

• Like 5

Must admit id love to give it a go....not sure i know enough to actually stay alive very long but would certainly be up for the challenge for 6 months or so id probably come back weighing about 7 stone !............not something id want to do permanently i like to be around folk too much......and after all said and done if you know you can just go home when you,ve had enough i doubt its the same experience.

Exactly mac,,,,even Glenn goes back to civvie street from time to time,,,mind you that might be to see his kids...

I think what you would like socks,,,is some remote island in the uk,,,,up Scotland ,,plenty of game around,,,good bit of land to grow a bit of food,,,but very few people,,,,sounds nice

Theres another similar program Yukon Men,they live a hunting fishing trapping type of existance but it all looks far to grim,given the chance i would rather live a Swamp People sort of existance,gator hunting and snapper turtle trapping,looks a lot more fun,byron tou must have a tale to tell about that,how did you end up with so little cash for so long a time?

tight fxcker mackem..tight fxcker..lol.......I quess that's all I needed at the time... I met a young dutch freeborn lass and her malinois living in a cave on the French/Spanish border.even shared her fire..nice..none of the other though.sorry,haha.she was hoping to cross the pyranese and to end up in orgiva/benificio.. [hippies] she made it and lived there for a few years..still got a knitted hammock she gave me.. went up to orgiva couple of years back..strange hippy place that,,full of characters though..which I think as all but died out in the uk..

• Like 3

Exactly mac,,,,even Glenn goes back to civvie street from time to time,,,mind you that might be to see his kids...

I think what you would like socks,,,is some remote island in the uk,,,,up Scotland ,,plenty of game around,,,good bit of land to grow a bit of food,,,but very few people,,,,sounds nice

Theres another similar program Yukon Men,they live a hunting fishing trapping type of existance but it all looks far to grim,given the chance i would rather live a Swamp People sort of existance,gator hunting and snapper turtle trapping,looks a lot more fun,byron tou must have a tale to tell about that,how did you end up with so little cash for so long a time?

tight fxcker mackem..tight fxcker..lol.......I quess that's all I needed at the time... I met a young dutch freeborn lass and her malinois living in a cave on the French/Spanish border.even shared her fire..nice..none of the other though.sorry,haha.she was hoping to cross the pyranese and to end up in orgiva/benificio.. [hippies] she made it and lived there for a few years..still got a knitted hammock she gave me.. went up to orgiva couple of years back..strange hippy place that,,full of characters though..which I think as all but died out in the uk..

There's little communes and places still in the uk,if you know the right people, most of the ones I hear of are vegetarian though.

There's little communes and places still in the uk,if you know the right people, most of the ones I hear of are vegetarian though.

tipi valley.?

I am out of likes but good story,i met a brit kid years ago on ko pha ngan who turned up there with nothing for a full moon party and had saved 20 grand a year later,theres some strange people around,be lucky.

tipi valley.?
Nope ,I know of one where it's old dilapidated farmhouse up old track/drove road, and they had sheds/caravans couple of statics and vans scattered around. When I was a kid there used to feel another old farmhouse in dorset that was down a track, more of a pagan or cult type place that was.
  • Like 1