Eu Counting Under Way.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Firstly.....mon ya beauty. Secondly can I just congratulate the vast majority of English and Welsh for having the balls to make this happen. It's not often I'm embarrassed to be Scottish but there re

In my 50 odd years I've never felt so proud to be British, there's gonna be hard times ahead but we will come out a stronger better richer prouder country... Thanks to everyone in the country who vote

I'm frankly flabbergasted by almost every reporter, remain fan and pro EU politician to grasp the fact that it is absolutely possible for a sovereign nation state to function on its own and in the int

We are getting divorced,the papers will soon be in,then the minutiae of who gets what and finally we get the decree absolute,well done to everyone who voted out we made history,we threw the rock into the lake and created ripples that show the elite we have a voice,some labour muppet on TV this morning and said his party need to reconnect with the electorate,no shit sherlock,and these are the people we are supposed to listen to???Mandy Mandleson was also on and said maybe the fallout will teach us we should have listened to the "experts" while failing to realise this is a backlash vote against project fear and the punishment brexit budget and unwelcome mass immigration on low cost airlines and long haul inter european coaches from warsaw and Gdansk,some scottish guy on the news earlier said his sympathies are with migrant workers in the UK today who must feel really unwelcome,what planet does he orbit around as its not the one most of us inhabit,lets look to the future,not the past,yesterday is history.

• Like 6

Their faces say it all ??

They 'told us' we would loose xyz amount of money should we dare too disobey them ? However many pennies or pounds we all end up worse off nobody really knows however we all do know one thing they the politicians have list a hell of a lot more off their pensions??? they may also loose on the investments they have made in their banker masters businesses now they an no longer dictate too the world via Europe

Personally I feel better today then I have for years Tony Blair will now never con his way to becoming European president ???the worlds a safer place

My second eldest son left school today and hopefully he leaves into a better world than most of us left school to enter, a bit of optimism should be in the air out there ?

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 5

So what will happen to e.u grants for farmers ???

There f****d enough as it is , price of four pints was 85p in asda the other week , paving the way for torie super farms guys , the countryside will be out of bounds then lol , except for hill farms because you can't ponse about on your arse in a tractor up there so the big wigs aren't interested lol ,

Supply and demand. Am I wrong in saying the demand for milk does not meet the supply in this country? Farmers working at a loss does nothing to balance this. Voting for subsidies to support an industry that the market says should be reduced due to lack of demand is damaging, it devalues every producer and costs the tax payer. I'd gladly pay double or triple for milk, but that won't happen in a free market while farmers cling to an industry that simply doesn't have the demand for the product I'm afraid.

I'll support legislation that keeps cattle welfare high and as such the industry as it is currently, but subsidies are not the answer. And if they were then we can use our EU contribution to pay for them, seeing as we contribute far more than we get back in agricultural subsidies.

Our dairy farmers currently do not fill our demands for milk, unsure of the exact figure but 80% sufficient is often mentioned, Cadburies has just stopped using Polish milk because it isn't clean enough.

Beef is also shipped in from other countries in the EU with less welfare demands that we have, our last FABL inspection the guy told me while our scheme needs 92% to pass if you took that scheme to Ireland farmers would only need to hit 56% also South American beef comes into EU countries where it stays for 2 months then making it EU beef.

Veg production is similar, our higher standard produce is left rotting because they are pushing other lines often from abroad then supermarkets bring it in a few weeks later from Spain or Italy paying a higher price which is mind boggling.

The fact is our produce is the best regulated in the EU not because of the EU but because the supermarkets over regulate our industry to say they are the best and under pay to be the cheapest.

Problem is our farmers are not allowed to stick together because it is then a monopoly yet the supermarkets can act like a cartel.

• Like 3

So what will happen to e.u grants for farmers ???

There f****d enough as it is , price of four pints was 85p in asda the other week , paving the way for torie super farms guys , the countryside will be out of bounds then lol , except for hill farms because you can't ponse about on your arse in a tractor up there so the big wigs aren't interested lol ,

Supply and demand. Am I wrong in saying the demand for milk does not meet the supply in a this country? Farmers working at a loss does nothing to balance this. Voting for subsidies to support an industry that the market says should be reduced due to lack of demand is damaging, it devalues every producer and costs the tax payer. I'd gladly pay double or triple for milk, but that won't happen in a free market while farmers cling to an industry that simply doesn't have the demand for the product I'm afraid.

I'll support legislation that keeps cattle welfare high and as such the industry as it is currently, but subsidies are not the answer. And if they were then we can use our EU contribution to pay for them, seeing as we contribute far more than we get back in agricultural subsidies.

Prices will have to rise or Farmers won't produce, but when the housewife goes to buy beef from South America with HGH's, chicken from Asia, because of the price differences, and farmers go broke what then?

Farmers that allow permission for hunting. Ye need to educate the housewife on the different systems of producing food and why that commands a premium price. Lands being turned over to under uses, big co-ops buying land? How will this affect permissions?

Edited by VOON

Have you heard sturgeon. Immigration welcolme in scotland. I would laugh forever if the now uncertain multicultural Newcastle's west end pick up sticks and headed to Edinburgh.

As far as I know Scotland has not experienced true multiculturalism yet.

Think sturgeon a busy body who knows what to say to mislead people.

Have you heard sturgeon. Immigration welcolme in scotland. I would laugh forever if the now uncertain multicultural Newcastle's west end pick up sticks and headed to Edinburgh.

As far as I know Scotland has not experienced true multiculturalism yet.

Think sturgeon a busy body who knows what to say to mislead people.

I couldnt believe newcastle voted in when i saw it on the news,the place has changed a lot over the years.