Burn In Rubbish.

Just wait till the 11th July and have a big fire , and then the 5th of November have another... I'm just having a fire for the kids sir is a good excuse

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we used to phone the fire brigade and tell them we were having a controled fire just in case anybody rung them,always said no problem...they didnt know it was copper cable we were burning.lol

I had to go through the council to get permission when I was taking in tree surgery waste and selling logs and wood chip from my smallholding but was told as a landowner I could only burn waste that w

I'd just burn away until someone said anything highly unlikely long as it's under control only wood your burning no rubber tyres ect...   If all else fails what about your local recycling centre or

Firstly would I be right in saying that you are removing this stuff as part of your job, ie landscaping/gardening? If that is the case then down here you would have to have an upper tier waste carriers licence from the environment agency andthe rule is that you cannot take the waste back to your premises and burn it. What is ridiculous imo is that if you were to do say 10 jobs in a street you would be allowed to have a fire on each job but would not be able to stick the rubbish in your van/trailer to take it away and burn it. Obviously rules north of the border could be totally different.

Firstly would I be right in saying that you are removing this stuff as part of your job, ie landscaping/gardening? If that is the case then down here you would have to have an upper tier waste carriers licence from the environment agency andthe rule is that you cannot take the waste back to your premises and burn it. What is ridiculous imo is that if you were to do say 10 jobs in a street you would be allowed to have a fire on each job but would not be able to stick the rubbish in your van/trailer to take it away and burn it. Obviously rules north of the border could be totally different.

orrr.................................if you live in the country.........you forget all that, and just put a match to it.................. :laugh::laugh:

• Like 2

Not read all the posts, so may have missed it, but, the laws as far as I understand them are,

You must not burn treated timber,

you must not burn painted timber,

You must not burn plastics, carpets or any material causing black smoke

Any burnable materials must be from your own property, or arisings from work on your property, not brought in.

These are the laws for farmers, I know as I have had several run ins about fires ( we are always hedging and regularly have fires), we have to date had environmental health, police, fire brigade and local council round because of fires, none of them were causing a problem to a body and not blowing any smoke towards houses or roads, but certain do gooders always report fires.

Every time we have been visited I have been quoted the above, and every time the fire brigade etc have been perfectly happy with how we conduct our burning and what we have been burning, honestly we never burn any waste not generated by the farm itself.

I also run a couple of other companies, and will say that you need a waste carriers licence to even remove the said stuff from jobs, however, it has to be waste to need a waste carriers licence, for example, when My Bloke was stopped with about 20 conifer trees on board and they started quoting waste carriers licence, he went up in arms and said how dare they call it waste, it was game cover for the pheasants on the farm and worth a fortune ! They walked away shaking heads but knew he had a genuine case ! Had similar with hardcore, that was for a shed base we were building.

not allowed lab, farmers are allowed to burn the hedge cuttings but thats it.

I thought farmers are allowed to burn anything they want? At work we have to get all our weed killer containers properly disposed of but farmers are allowed to burn them.

We most certainly ain't allowed to burn them, we have to pay for disposal, and also have to keep a log showing what's been bought and what's been disposed off, they also have the power to check stock and make sure it all tallies up, days of burning shit like that willy nilly have long gone