Razor Pics ?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well lads, snoopdog is a very good pal of mine. About 18 months ago I persuaded him to let us try and put old razor to a very well bred pure saluki bitch. Unfortunately the first time she didn't take.

Razor as a very young pooch..

This is my c**t if basically trained a wolf with this one my biggest test lol but one with I can say she makes things look stupid day or night September or January .by the sounds of it she's not the o

Posted Images

attachicon.gifDSCF5617.JPG

When she's up together

What size is your bitch nobjerk and how's she bred? she's a cracker btw

She's 24" and was bred by wild bill , at nearly 6 yrs old this is her first and last litter . Been a pleasure to own . Buddy x sal bull grey

Cheers

I remember that litter being advertised in the countrymans weekly, if my memory serves me right there was a repeat mating,sorry if ave got that wrong, should make a very handy litter, Buddy/Razor lines are very strong, the lurcher/coursing world will be a poorer place without Razor. :yes:

attachicon.gifDSCF5617.JPG

When she's up together

What size is your bitch nobjerk and how's she bred? she's a cracker btw

She's 24" and was bred by wild bill , at nearly 6 yrs old this is her first and last litter . Been a pleasure to own . Buddy x sal bull grey

Cheers

I remember that litter being advertised in the countrymans weekly, if my memory serves me right there was a repeat mating,sorry if ave got that wrong, should make a very handy litter, Buddy/Razor lines are very strong, the lurcher/coursing world will be a poorer place without Razor. :yes:
I tried for a repeat mating but she never took pal and she died working the season after. :thumbs:
  • Like 1

Absolutely stunning animals. Excuse my ignorance but what would one of these be like as an all round lurcher. Ie lamping , foxing, out with terriers mooching daytime. I see a lot of comments regarding recall. Is this a typical saluki trait . Not knocking the cross as I'm genuinely interested in keeping one. After always keeping bull crosses for years and wanting that extra gear I watched a sal grey x bull grey run and was amazed at the pace and endurance of the dog. But sadly his recall and stock breaking needed work.

Bend over I have a couple of pics of him from early summer I will get my pal to put them up

James these dogs will be capable of doing what you want them to as good as any other cross .on certain game better than any other cross.it's down to you to show them the way.eg.get them out plenty and show them plenty of what you want it to run.

As for recall razor is spot on.all my dogs are.but and a big but.lol.most not all but most heavily saluki bred dogs go through what I call a deaf period and can be a nightmare and by fook can they whinge.

But believe me it will all be worth it in the end because this coursing bred stuff will put things in the bag what you wouldn't think was possible .but it's all up to the man who owns the dog show it plenty get it out plenty. And plenty of patience early on.and you will 9 times out of 10 get something what will surprise you if you haven't had this cross before.

• Like 7

Good honest answer. Thanks. As I said it amazed me the pace of the dog I saw. Its target was a good 200 to 250 yard slip pushed from a wood and I know my dogs would nt have made that ground up. He covered it in no time and connected and made it look effortless. Brilliant sight

• Like 1

Good honest answer. Thanks. As I said it amazed me the pace of the dog I saw. Its target was a good 200 to 250 yard slip pushed from a wood and I know my dogs would nt have made that ground up. He covered it in no time and connected and made it look effortless. Brilliant sight

The rolling gait can be very deceiving

Well gents I can honestly say that I 've read every word and when it's all together you can almost live the experience. I don't any longer have a running dog but the geezer I had was a hard worker. Good read. Thank you. Jok.

• Like 1