House Renovation

I started a business with my brother and parents a few years back, looking to do up houses and sell them on. We did a couple up together and then ran out of steam, turns out we dont get along that well!..

We still all do our own projects separately, but for me, doing it solo was the way forward!

Me and my old man get on great I will muck in on anything I plastered boarded that house with him and he's useless my brothers up his own arse and only helped with the eletrics and ordered the kitchen and bathroom I'd probably do it with my old man but never my brother

Ran my business with my brother since 1998, before that we worked together erecting for 2 years, so nigh on 20 years of working together, staying away together and running the business.... must be mental!! lol

I started a business with my brother and parents a few years back, looking to do up houses and sell them on. We did a couple up together and then ran out of steam, turns out we dont get along that well!..

We still all do our own projects separately, but for me, doing it solo was the way forward!

Me and my old man get on great I will muck in on anything I plastered boarded that house with him and he's useless my brothers up his own arse and only helped with the eletrics and ordered the kitchen and bathroom I'd probably do it with my old man but never my brother

We all get on ok enough for the most part under normal circumstances but it was always a 2nd job for us all and stopping off at a house to do a few hours a night graft when you've already done 10+ hours at the day job was always going to be stressful. Also, having the wives involved and getting on each others nerves added another dynamic. I would be able to work with my brother under most circumstances though. We also all wanted different stuff out of it as a business as well

• Like 1

fairplay to wales123 your doing well for a young man with all the stuff your doing in your life you are still getting out all over the place and working your dogs. atb with your project

Thanks bud ! Gets stressful at times and a lot of walking the dogs just before bed ! But iv got a strictly no working on Sunday rule Sunday is dog day lol
  • Like 1

Looks like some work is going on there Owain. Fair play.

With work, training, family and the dogs I don't get time to cut my lawn let alone renovate a house so you're doing something right with regards to time management.

I'm sure it will pay you back tenfold wether you move in it or use it as a business venture.

Keep hold of it fella it's about time you moved out and had a place of your own ... A nice set of runs in the garden and bobs your uncle ... My boy has a couple of houses now and is looking to get another one come the Autumn ... He has to much work on as a builder in the summer .... Nearly finished the inside of my house just got the conservatory and garden to finish off now .... Well I say nearly finished her indoors now wants to put double French doors leading out onto the patio ... So more building work inside to do now .......

Looks like some work is going on there Owain. Fair play.

With work, training, family and the dogs I don't get time to cut my lawn let alone renovate a house so you're doing something right with regards to time management.

I'm sure it will pay you back tenfold wether you move in it or use it as a business venture.

It gets Abit much sometimes but with rugby iv had a few knocks the last 12 months were walking down the stairs was a b*****d ! But this is nearly done putting a ceiling up now and my part is done thank god !

Keep hold of it fella it's about time you moved out and had a place of your own ... A nice set of runs in the garden and bobs your uncle ... My boy has a couple of houses now and is looking to get another one come the Autumn ... He has to much work on as a builder in the summer .... Nearly finished the inside of my house just got the conservatory and garden to finish off now .... Well I say nearly finished her indoors now wants to put double French doors leading out onto the patio ... So more building work inside to do now .......

Houses are definitely the money place bud ! There's room for one kennel and run here which be fine for me old girl in the house and 2 bitches down in the kennel ! Aye time for me to jump ship Ken 23 now getting old now I went away for 10 days and come home to my parents selling their house because it's two big for them haha
  • Like 2