House Renovation

In February I bought a house to renovate for pretty cheap 65,000 with the help of my parents ! It's pretty big for that price we opened it right up and totally gutted it me and my brother both being sparks and having a few favours owed to us! Trust me at first working down there and normal work plus dogs gym and rugby and having to see my misses I nearly cracked a few times and come very close to beating f**k out of my brother but it's been enjoyable and thinking of keeping it for myself now haven't finished yet but further on than the photos these are at the start !

0E078C4A-1C5D-411A-A5C5-A35C7BD9BF20_zps

77DF7992-160A-4C37-9C3B-11645FE18FFF_zps

4A9B882F-A283-4DFC-87F5-763EB97ED34C_zps

32F7A2A4-8DFB-45A8-B6D1-8B640FCB4996_zps

B3F27EE4-A847-4261-8A09-79D54F11BA85_zps

• Like 3

Since then totally rewired it knocked a few walls down and chimney Breast which totally opened up kitchen and bathroom up and put French doors in the living going out to the garden !

2F4F14CD-BEE1-4E84-B2DA-BFE4D29DA92E_zps

C6F3D0EE-01E4-452E-B5FD-B5A78EE753B9_zps

B81A0635-1652-4B1A-8F43-79AB9C518441_zps

5992EFB7-6045-4BED-9D8C-C8477BD1ED21_zps

• Like 2

Fair play mate, there's money to be made from that kind of graft and drive. I've been in my house for nearly four years and only really just started properly decorating! LOL. I f***ing hate working on the house.

I bought my mother a outside like 2 Christmas ago still haven't put it up lol nothing worse than working in the house haha

Well done to both of you for cracking on. I hope you do very well out of it :good:

The halfway point is always a bitch - I did come to blows with my brother on a job once - painting ceilings with a broken rib is no fun :rolleyes:

Well done to both of you for cracking on. I hope you do very well out of it :good:

The halfway point is always a bitch - I did come to blows with my brother on a job once - painting ceilings with a broken rib is no fun :rolleyes:

Your right the half way point is a bitch! We were flying at one point got most the house plastered but my brother best friends is our plumber and he had a bad time lately it's been on stop waiting for him for the last ceiling to go up he's coming tonight though thank f**k !

I can't say it was me, but I done the labouring when father in-law done same and by fook that was head work haha and I was just the donkey lol we keep saying we gonna do this one, but after his I been put off and just keep re painting rather than doing it right lollol good job there tho

It was a money spinner for us but house is pretty big and room for a kennel and I could make a good wack on it in a few years when the misses finishes uni! So decided to buy my brother out lol my old mans been out donkey he's a DIY disaster lol there's been some tantrums and a few plaster boards thrown haha
  • Like 1

Well done Owain, all that work will pay off mate.

I know the feeling though it seems never ending at times, don't let it put you off though there's always a few quid to be made in houses, now you've got the starter and at your age you could be very comfortable in the not too distant future mate.

Cheers lads ! Yea Kev I got this one now and I know I got a lot of profit on it when the misses gets her full time job we be sorted to get another and either rent this or sell it see what happens just won't be involving my brother self voted foreman than done literally f**k all lol

Katchem I love the destruction knocking those walls and chimney breast down was awesome just give me the sledge boys and go home il sort this haha

• Like 2

I started a business with my brother and parents a few years back, looking to do up houses and sell them on. We did a couple up together and then ran out of steam, turns out we dont get along that well!..

We still all do our own projects separately, but for me, doing it solo was the way forward!

• Like 1

I can't say it was me, but I done the labouring when father in-law done same and by fook that was head work haha and I was just the donkey lol we keep saying we gonna do this one, but after his I been put off and just keep re painting rather than doing it right lollol good job there tho

Don't be put off mate - There's money in houses :thumbs:

My advice would be, check the ceiling price for your road, don't over do it and, take it one step at a time.

As long as you're sensible with it, the hard work really will pay off.