Courseing Lads

If you hunt hares in the summer you have no respect for your quarry

Worse still you have no respect for your dog

One thing with proper hare coursers I that they respect thier dogs

And they also respect their quarry as well

There are other people that course hares, some pot hunt them for food, I've no problem with that, then there's an element whom are in it 'cos me mates are' hunt all year 'cos it's not legal' this time of year they are usually just 'testing' pups ???? these types dogs never last too much hard ground imho concrete kennel run all winter after running had ground all summer,early too start early too bed ?

cant beat running baby leveretts in the long grass :thumbs:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Theres a big difference between illegal and immoral.

The whole ethos of coursing has gone to pot. Now to most its making a name for yourself or your dog in the shortest time possible most times without putting in the effort, and always looking fo an edg

You'll always get the idiots that go out during the summer. Its the same with terriers. Theres nothing can be done about them. I just choose not to assosciate with them types and come October they all

Posted Images

If you hunt hares in the summer you have no respect for your quarry

Worse still you have no respect for your dog

One thing with proper hare coursers I that they respect thier dogs

And they also respect their quarry as well

There are other people that course hares, some pot hunt them for food, I've no problem with that, then there's an element whom are in it 'cos me mates are' hunt all year 'cos it's not legal' this time of year they are usually just 'testing' pups ???? these types dogs never last too much hard ground imho concrete kennel run all winter after running had ground all summer,early too start early too bed ?

cant beat running baby leveretts in the long grass :thumbs:

Now ya come too mention it ? I think all get me shorts on grab a six pack of Stella and pop down your way fur a mooch out just too get the pup a quick slip in eh ?

• Like 3

Where do these summer coursers course,,,,because I don't know a single field around here that ain't 3 foot high with crops....

We're these lads actually caught ,,,,or was it some somone suspected of coursing cos they were walking a dog...

yes mate got caught wont go back again :thumbs: and these so called dog men are leaving dog on the land

Im guessing by your last post "northants" these lads have either been filled in,car done in or something similar? If so that's bad craic too as it will just result in repercussions no doubt. Some in fact plenty seem fit to think it moral enough to continue to hunt throughout the summer for rabbits etc for fear of losing their permission,me well id rather tell them to stick their permission where the sun don't shine as morals & ethics are everything when it comes to hunting in my eyes..spring/summer is no go for me or my mutts so the critters we persue later on can breed,raise & live their lives peacefully without any hassle..i bet plenty on here who have posted will see fit to hunt rabbits through the summer though,just saying like ?

• Like 3

A lot of folk with picky chosen morals i recon :hmm: as if it really mattered to you you'd all be running a native dog against a native hare and not these desert long distance runners bred to run down a sprinting animal :yes: .Your all cheating imo :laugh: ...

• Like 2

A lot of folk with picky chosen morals i recon :hmm: as if it really mattered to you you'd all be running a native dog against a native hare and not these desert long distance runners bred to run down a sprinting animal :yes: .Your all cheating imo :laugh: ...

Are Aussie cattle dogs native?

Not at all but i didn't used to call myself or my dog coursers and sally was not a particularly chosen target for her :thumbs: and DB there's many native breeds and their crosses that can be and have een used to catch a hare but like you say these days its all about making a name for yourself and killing,no matter what folk say to walk into a field with a saluki x is not taking it to old puss on a level playing field imo.As for summer hunters they won't ever be anything but folks with dogs and not dog men.. :victory:

• Like 1

Not at all but i didn't used to call myself or my dog coursers and sally was not a particularly chosen target for her :thumbs: and DB there's many native breeds and their crosses that can be and have een used to catch a hare but like you say these days its all about making a name for yourself and killing,no matter what folk say to walk into a field with a saluki x is not taking it to old puss on a level playing field imo.As for summer hunters they won't ever be anything but folks with dogs and not dog men.. :victory:

only pulling your chain :thumbs:

• Like 1

Summer hunting of Hare puts the Lurcher world to shame, it takes all the skill out of the hunt for we all know the difference between summer and winter hares.

You see the scores of idiots on Facebook gloating that the dog had pulled a youngster claiming 2 up, 2 down bulls£&*t in the middle of summer and they have there mates jumping on saying "well in lad"???.

There not running with fair law, There not running with any regard for the dog and half the time the dog is a pup it's self.

There is no respect for the Hare - they deserve to breed, if you want to hunt a real one in winter - Leave them alone! Once considered the biggest test of a dog given fair law, but totally disrespected by a bunch of amarture's who are not really dog men - they want the quick and easy. For me summertime is getting the dog in condition for the season ahead to face the quarry when they are both at there peak and that is what I get out of dogs, training, rearing and conditioning a dog and then putting it to the test.

You hear the same excuses of "there are loads round here" or "Just starting the young pup off". You don't need to run a summer hare with a young dog for an easy kill if you enter the dog at the right time. For me doing things the right way is all that matters and that's why you hunt in season. We have all stumbled across something while walking the dog in summer and fair play if you stumble across a daytime catch fair enough, but driving out of your way to knock over summertime leverets is a joke in my eyes.

You only have to go on Facebook to see litter after litter of top class lines or "very chancy pups" this dog x that dog. No disrespect to the coursing community but 90% of these people are the ones who run dogs all year round and that's why we see so many "11 month old", "top class", "never seen a thing" Lurchers for sale or swaps (what ever the feck that is) that would of made good dogs if people actually had a clue in the first place.

• Like 5

The top coursing bred saluki lurchers we have in this country would never have developed without the assistance of old lepus