Crosman Optimus Silencer

Hi Steve,

Is this the rifle that you're talking about?

If so, I'm guessing that the end of the barrel isn't threaded? Can you remove the bit on the end of the barrel? What diameter is the barrel? Do you already have a silencer that you would like to fit?

Sorry for all the questions - I will try to help as best I can but, if it's anything like my daughters old XS501 (which I suspect it may be), this job could be a real bitch to do.

Atb.

Jon

post-102688-0-15211900-1466278354_thumb.jpg

That's what I was thinking. If that foresight is held on with a grub screw, it might come off easy. If it's glued on, it could be very difficult to get off.

Deben do a silencer that comes with a few different adaptors for different sized barrels.

Edited by Jonjon79

Will a moderator really make that much difference to a springer ?

You may find that all lit does is upset the balance of your rifle.

I would like to see because it goes off with quite a crack but if not I may have a new place I can shoot it anyway
I only mention it because most of the noise from a break barrel is from the spring itself. They can also sound a bit louder than they really are, because your head is very close to the spring. A good clean and polish can lower the decibel level a bit, but good luck with it mate ! Edited by Blackbriar

I would like to see because it goes off with quite a crack but if not I may have a new place I can shoot it anyway
I only mention it because most of the noise from a break barrel is from the spring itself. They can also sound a bit louder than they really are, because your head is very close to the spring. A good clean and polish can lower the decibel level a bit, but good luck with it mate !
thanks

I only mention it because most of the noise from a break barrel is from the spring itself. They can also sound a bit louder than they really are, because your head is very close to the spring. A good clean and polish can lower the decibel level a bit, but good luck with it mate !

Oh no it is not, the spring sounds loud when you have your head next to the action but the crack of all the air shoving the pellet along coming out the end of the barrel is enough to shift things an acre away!

Oh no it is not, the spring sounds loud when you have your head next to the action but the crack of all the air shoving the pellet along coming out the end of the barrel is enough to shift things an acre away!

I borrowed one to try on my 99, and ive got to say it only made a small difference. Only my experience, though. It might make the lad happy, so it's all good.....