• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had an old lady ring up asked for a price on a nest It's right next to the front door it's very busy The old fella hadn't been out for 3 days because he's on a walking frame and isn't quick enou

Got call out to day to 94 year old lady wasp nest in roof,took about 5 min to do went in to get paid house in poor repair,she pulled out old purse started counting old fivers and pound coins now I do

Lol I'm the same.   Went to one the other day she said she had one and possibly another....I said £30 and I wouldn't charge for the extra one. She was so frail and doddery   ....ended up doing si

They love expanding foam round me,

Yes that does seem to be a favourite. I did one Friday where a builder thought he could just seal them in with expanding foam. They came out in a bathroom around a small window where the seal was dodgy.

Out with the fogging machine, so it was an expensive nest.

Slowing down a little now around Oxfordshire. I have seem a few nests with their queens starting to emerge.

I will be glad of a break prior to rats, mice and Cluster Flies :thumbs:

I had an old lady ring up asked for a price on a nest

It's right next to the front door it's very busy

The old fella hadn't been out for 3 days because he's on a walking frame and isn't quick enough

To get past it then she said could you do it for us in 9 days time because we don't get pension till then

And doesn't like to borrow off anyone

I said ok if it's still going in 9 days ring me back

Next morning I run up the path give it a squirt and left

Old folk get me weekly I've took apples tip tops toffee cups of tea instead of money

Bless um all I say

What goes round comes round

Ye what goes round comes round. I did a mole job for an old couple the other day, it was a pretty easy job and when she gave me the agreed sum i gave her £10 back because it was a straightforward no hassle job plus i felt guilty as they were quite old and really really nice. I got a call for wasps as i got into the van but it was miles away so i wasnt that keen on doing it there and then but he was sounding harrased so i went over and sorted him and he gave me £10 extra for coming so quick and a sterling service. Both customers were over the moon and i felt great. Result.

• Like 2

They love expanding foam round me,

Yes that does seem to be a favourite. I did one Friday where a builder thought he could just seal them in with expanding foam. They came out in a bathroom around a small window where the seal was dodgy.

Out with the fogging machine, so it was an expensive nest.

Slowing down a little now around Oxfordshire. I have seem a few nests with their queens starting to emerge.

I will be glad of a break prior to rats, mice and Cluster Flies :thumbs:

Rats and mice seem to have started here, never known anything like it. It might go mental with some cold weather

This has got to be crazyist wasp season in 33 years in pest control, I was down to 4to 5 aday just finished today 21 nests at 8 houses,one bloke tried to tell me the nest on edge of is lawn was not there on Saturday when he mowed the lawn well it must have got going well because the wasps were boiling out of it I just agreed with him lifes too short to argue with some people

• Like 2

You may find they can be tree wasps, they make about20% of their nests in the ground! Most nests in the ground I find are down right evil, they all roll over the same with the dust tho!

I think nests in the ground are angrier that nests higher up

Germans, nasty buggers, more potent sting too.

Iv been using Vulcan permetherin dust mainly this year...alongside some ficam for wasps in busy areas/public areas....I honestly don't see much difference in how much it excites them

Edited by DIDO.1

Iv been using Vulcan permetherin dust mainly this year...alongside some ficam for wasps in busy areas/public areas....I honestly don't see much difference in how much it excites them

They seem to calm down a lot quicker with ficam. Permethrin definitely makes them more lively!!