• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had an old lady ring up asked for a price on a nest It's right next to the front door it's very busy The old fella hadn't been out for 3 days because he's on a walking frame and isn't quick enou

Got call out to day to 94 year old lady wasp nest in roof,took about 5 min to do went in to get paid house in poor repair,she pulled out old purse started counting old fivers and pound coins now I do

Lol I'm the same.   Went to one the other day she said she had one and possibly another....I said £30 and I wouldn't charge for the extra one. She was so frail and doddery   ....ended up doing si

....that's my point...she had a massive detached house with double garage and massive gardens with staff looking after em....I'm there working for pound coins cos she's old lol

Dido on these sort of jobs I don't charge but insist on being mentioned on the will.

• Like 1

Just had best wasp day so far this year. Every customer paid and all happy come home found nest in my wifes garden and would you believe it refusing to pay so I will not do it she will give in be for I do can't wait untill she has to cut the lawn right over the top of it.

Just had best wasp day so far this year. Every customer paid and all happy come home found nest in my wifes garden and would you believe it refusing to pay so I will not do it she will give in be for I do can't wait untill she has to cut the lawn right over the top of it.

Wife`s garden!!, not yours?

I had an old lady ring up asked for a price on a nest

It's right next to the front door it's very busy

The old fella hadn't been out for 3 days because he's on a walking frame and isn't quick enough

To get past it then she said could you do it for us in 9 days time because we don't get pension till then

And doesn't like to borrow off anyone

I said ok if it's still going in 9 days ring me back

Next morning I run up the path give it a squirt and left

Old folk get me weekly I've took apples tip tops toffee cups of tea instead of money

Bless um all I say

What goes round comes round

• Like 15

Had a right shit wasp nest today could not get to it from outside went inside house posh was a under statement,went to lift loft hatch got about 4 inches up hit base of nest wasps every where had to keep spraying took me 2 hours to hoover all wasps up got in every pot and beding curtains ,gave her fixed price so had to stick to it,hope for a few easy ones to make up for it.

• 4 weeks later...

Amazing the difference in attitude of each wasp nest. I did 3 this morning with no suit. 2 I did with just one lance on the dr5, 1.5meter. no bother. One I did with no lance, just walked up slowly and gave em the good news point blank, even walked back to the angry nest and sprayed the cloud of wasps with aerosol, cos I like seeing em drop....never felt under threat.

I then got a call to a caravan park. A big wet ditch with a dog walking path alongside it. Iv already done 3 alongside that ditch. Last night a woman had been rushed to hospital with a lot of stings, her dog also covered. Anyway I walked up the path and counted four nests, I marked each one with a broken branch stuck in the ground . As I marked the fourth one i bent over, 5 meters from the nest, I got stung on my back.... suddenly they were all on me and I got 3 more stings as I run away...I was 30 meters away and they were still attacking! I was in such a temper I threw a veil over my head and stormed back up with my spray and dusted the nest....Iv never known wasps attack as quick, I had hundreds on me.... I ran and dropped the dr5 about 10 yard away...I gave em 5 min and went back ( now properly suited) and my dr5 was still covered in wasps!

Everyone of those nests was evil, attacking from yards away and some not giving up attacking till I spayed them on my suit with an aerosol!

I had to put signs up to keep people away!

I also went to a clump of willows that was covered in chilled out wasps. Any patch of sap or damp spot was covered in em. The surrounding grass was also covered in wasps that appeared dopey , like they had fallen off the tree half drunk. Hope they had a shock when they turned up home, half pissed, to find their nest dusted.

I think nests in the ground are angrier that nests higher up

Edited by DIDO.1

:yes:There has been an amazing variation this season,.in both wasp behaviour,...and clients...

After 30 years of treating nests, I have found that a lot of folk are now 'having a go' before they elect to call me...

Sometimes they have a victory,.but when things go wrong,...I then encounter a whole bunch of pissed off wasps... :censored:

It can get emotional... :laugh:

• Like 1

Finding the same here Phil, most customers have had a go there selfs makes me laugh when they answer the door covered in stings,I have found if you don't go to every nest fully prepared sooner or later they will get revenge on you, touch wood have not got stung this year yet,prob spoke to soon 5 nests booked in for Saturday morning.

• Like 1