Ideal Rabbiting Terrier

What about a teckel .

I'm don't mind the teckel to be fair it's just as long as I can get hold of true working lines
I can get them from Germany but obviously it's the cost isn't it . You can get a terrier at quarter the cost or less

I have sent you a pm mate

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This Terrier bushes well and will Tackle a fox given half the chance lol

mates border has learnt how to catch them

Honestly mate most will bush. Ul hear jacks, plummers borders will all excel but u also will get bad ones and some blacks can bush every bit as good just like there's no guarantee none off the above w

Posted Images

A terrier for bushing is a waste of time, good way to loose a dog, the terrier goes to ground no collar on never to be seen again!!!!! Spaniels are for bushing, save yourself the hassle and get a spaniel bud far better for the job and a lot more steady around stock

• Like 1

A terrier for bushing is a waste of time, good way to loose a dog, the terrier goes to ground no collar on never to be seen again!!!!! Spaniels are for bushing, save yourself the hassle and get a spaniel bud far better for the job and a lot more steady around stock

There are an awful lot of folk ratching about with terriers that have lost less dogs than Spaniel owners,the only reason a dog behaves around stock is because its been educated to do so,terrier or spaniel Einstein.I regard a Spaniel,as a bushing companion,very highly,ive a better regard for a terrier that will bush as well and then get the job done below,with a spaniel you lose what drops to ground.

• Like 3

Morton fair play you are an idiot mate!!!! You must have no experience with a proper terrier, a terrier has a totally diffrent attitude to a spaniel it's nothing to do with bein educated to do so, it's years of selective breeding that makes a terrier what it is, 2 diffrent dogs 2 diffrent jobs

Morton fair play you are an idiot mate!!!! You must have no experience with a proper terrier, a terrier has a totally diffrent attitude to a spaniel it's nothing to do with bein educated to do so, it's years of selective breeding that makes a terrier what it is, 2 diffrent dogs 2 diffrent jobs

Im an idiot and a mate in the same sentence,im pleased to have another mate,i need them.Yet do i need another mate that requires more education than what i put on a leash?.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Get a spaniel, never understood people usin terriers for bushing when a spaniel is a better dog for the job

Will a spaniel hold a line ? Never had one so don't know. But my Jack Russel would he was like a hound so when he found a rabbit he wouldn't stop till he had it to ground and marked to be ferreted so ideal back then. But he would go to ground which again was ok back then but I wouldn't want it now. So I would go for one the nice bushing types in the bushing section like the spaniel crosses

Edited by terryd
  • Like 1

Great to see some common sense in 3 pages of otherwise nonsense.

• Like 4