Hw 100 Pellet Choice

just a quick one for the lads that have a full size in -177, as a pest controller on estates and private houses I use this gun most days and since buying it a few years or so ago I have only ever shot AA diablo field out of it until last week, I normally buy 10 tins at a time but on going to my local gunsmith last week he had none,so after a bit of discussion I came away with 1 tin of RWS super field to try,he told me they were the same weight and if anything should be better,anyway I was on the way to a job on a golf course to shoot rabbits,now I normally average between 40 - 60 in the bag plus varied crows,pigeons,jays,etc but not that day,after zeroing which is a quick job I found myself missing easy shots,so I went back to a safe place and fine tuned it a bit more and although I came away with 42 rabbits and a few birds I never felt confident in my shot, I never miss anything inside 40yds but found what can only be rogue shots missing by some distance, this gun earns me a living so it must be accurate every time I use it and so what pellets other than my usual diablo field are as accurate,do you lads use pellet lube ?? I am going to get some diablo field tomorrow as I am out with it over the next 3 days but if I cannot source them what would you use ?? WM

I have the full length in .177 and mine loves bis mags 4.52 and is pretty spot on with jsb exacts 4.52 as well.

Interestingly though, when I spoke to weihrauch, they suggested using 4.51 as that's the barrel size but I haven't ever tried a 4.51 jsb to find out pal.

Funniley enough, I bought a tin of superfields for my HW100KT, nothing short of shocking. Whilst Weihrauch state 4.51 pellet size on the action, having tried several at that size including AA Fields, the result is very poor groups however 4.2 and 4.3 generally work fine.

Phil

Edited by philpot

Hi Plucky,

As you are, AA Fields 4.52, 8.4 g but do spray the loading side of your " empty magazine ", at arms length, with a decent gun oil spray ( a very light spray, mind), tightens your groups right up!

Very light spray every 6 or 7 mag`s.

I`ve just gone over to AA Express 7.87g- 4.52mm or in my case JSB Exacts Express 7.87 g- 4.52 mm SAME pellet.

Supremely accurate, very hard hitting pellet, especially with the spray tip but watch your power levels :icon_eek:

This combo is usually right on the 11.9ft/lbs mark and "deadly accurate"

p.s. T X 200 shooting lads, try out the Express pellets,- hell of a "hard hitting, accurate pellet" with the T Rex and absolutely "just under sub 12"

atb

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies lads, I have some bisley mags and 2 tins of RWS super field for over the weekend but I'm definitely getting rogue shots at the most inopportune moments, I think it may be due its annual clean and re-zero until I can get the preferred AA Diablo Field, I'm off out again in an hour or so and will not be back in till 11 pm tonight so I'll know by then what the others have done, its the odd rogue shot thats annoying me ,even the grouping is poor ,Mark W,what oil spray do you use or is it something you mix yourself, you may laugh but I spray a bit of WD40 in my pellets and have for years, I do this when I open the tin from new, anything long or complicated is no good for me, I take a lot of shots in a normal day, thanks, WM

Did you use a couple of pull throughs before you changed lead, the 100's are stunningly accurate guns, but hate a dirty barrel.

I would clean the barrel if and it's a big if I change pellets. If I clean it otherwise it's a waste of time as I just have to lead it back in again until it's back to zero.

And to answer the original question jsb exact in 4.52

I'm wondering if theres something in the barrel length i.e. mark and vm plus quite a few others have good results with certain pellets and i don't!

not sure about vm but mark uses the ks where as both my 100s are standard , p1 is using the same 177 as me and mine only likes aa field and rws super field ,

where my standard 22 only likes aa field and super domes...... the only thing i have that likes the fap's is a carbine tx!!

just a thought but i think there maybe something in this :hmm:

atb si

• Like 1