Well lads after a wet nights fishing not catching anything I noticed it wasnt very windy for the first time in .. forever! So I decided to pack up fishing gear and go shooting instead.

Got home and took the mamba lite off my 97 and put it on my 100 after my sidewinder wouldnt zero last time.

Got my gear sorted and got to the farmyard in no time and there was a slight breeze as i set about zeroimg at 28 yards. 1st shot went left. Few clicks 2 more shots in same hole stil a bit left then few more clicks and 2 shots in the bull. Jobs a good'un. 4 more shots at 4 little targets with one wobble to make sure then moved back to 35 yards and 40 yards to check aimpoints..

Snapchat-4859506711491897863_zpslwgyogoz

Had a walk down into the woods and seen 3 squirrels but didnt get a chance so I decided to sit and wait a bit. At this point it stared raining but I was covered pretty well by the trees which have grown back so Its harder to bloody see the squirrels/birds. Ffs..

Anyway 10-15 mins pass and 2 squizzys show themselves. I track one through the scope and it stops briefly behind a few leafs on a tree that I had previously lased so I knew was bang on 40yds. Lined up from my seated favorite position ( with my back against a tree and rifle on my knee ) and let a jsb go 2 mildots over where the squirrels head was. Seen the pellet smash into its mark through the scope and the squirrel dropped like a stone! First thing Ive killed in bloody ages and the smile on my face was like a cheshire cat

Snapchat-6475275243225376872_zpscainxo74

Snapchat-7427985008163215775_zpsje1uwjnf

Decided to go into the other corner of the wood and heard 2 crows calling to eachother so a good 5 min stalk and i was under it like a ninja but couldnt see it 'coz of all the frikkin leaves!! :@ eventually it gave itself away and the hw100 did its job again no problem and the crow dropped like a ton of bricks.. it was a monster! Didnt hear the other one calling anymore after that haha

Snapchat-2960382028829085479_zps8j1ko4vz

Then I went home to dry my baby off and give her a bath in oil and pump her back up ready for our next outing. Thanks for reading pics to follow

Snapchat-1989200372435102828_zps2bhipkjg

Snapchat-3890023026911666266_zpsn04urlt8

Edited by Skot Ruthless Teale
  • Like 10

Its been some time since you posted on the hunting part of the forum Smk boy

Nice to see you back and doing what you do best

squizzer and noodles for tea then Skot :laugh::yes:

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

the smks are back in town lmao

Need to find myself some rabbit permissions! Too hard to see squirrels in the jungle im shooting at min lol

Looks a good outing and it can be hard going in the rain but maybe helped the stalk on the crow,im liking the pics with the info on them as well,looks a bit snapchat...

Snapchat for the win

Maybe the rain did help when stalking also i was trying to move my footsteps in time with the crows calls. They were both calling to eachother in a pattern.. probly to alert eachother of the danger

Nice right up with some nice technical bits. In my little copse that I shoot the ash trees have now fully leaved so getting sight of the pigeons can be very frustrating, I find it really gets the heart pumping when you know something like a pigeon has landed and you're carefully trying to scan the branches before it spots you.

• Like 1

Cracking writeup pal and two lovely shots on some seriously wary quarry

Thanks mate. Dare i say the squirrel was an 'easy' shot.. no wind.. i was sat still not out of breath. Nicely rested. Squizzer wasnt suspecting it. All i had to do was know the range of the tree and which aimpoint on my scope to use and i did. Just had to wait till it paused for 2 seconds and press the trigger!

But i think the crow was a good stalk to get under it and a hard shot almost straight up at the very top of a tall tree!

Cheers guys thought i better do a half decent write up after not being out for ages lol. Forgot to mention when i was zeroing i noticed loads of bird shit in the cow barn thing behind where i amwas. Never noticed it in there before. See songbirds go in a lot but never any pigeons or corvids. The poops were quite big so i recon it might be a big bird ?? Or do wagtails have logzillas like woodpigeions ???

Snapchat-7642338790735666788_zpsfctscgop