Elderflower Champagne

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seeing as the elderflower are out and I've got the brewing bug thought I'd give this go,as I say quite often I like things simple so had browse and found this one,from river cottage...   Ingredients

That's the same recipe I've been using for 7 or 8 years now and it's nice and simple. I also make my Ginger Beer the same way. Careful how you store it, it can be very volatile and can explode. I ga

Hopefully i don't have that happen but it's smells real good at the minute so got high hopes for this one...

Posted Images

Right then....I can report a success of sorts we still have day or two to wait but we put one bottle in the fridge last night and tasted it today. Very tasty and I was surprised to find that I liked it as I hate those Elderflower type juices you buy from the shops. This is like lemonade really. I'm not sure how alcohol it is though, it doesn't seem strong.

On to the important but, when the wife cracked open this bottle it was like a shotgun going off and we'd degassed only yesterday!

• Like 1

Down to the last couple of glasses left, that was very very nice!

I am really surprised because I hated those horrible floral drinks you can buy which are often called elderflower (but probably have other things like rose hip) so did not expect to like this at all.

I cannot wait till next year we're going to make loads of it :laugh:

• Like 1

I am really surprised because I hated those horrible floral drinks you can buy which are often called elderflower (but probably have other things like rose hip) so did not expect to like this at all.

why not try with dried flowers, or freeze some to help maintain a supply,

why not try with dried flowers, or freeze some to help maintain a supply,

Yeh I think Freezing them would be a good idea, we freeze herbs and they come out ok.

Do you think the flowers would keep their fragrance in the freezer? (I freeze herbs too, but only green stuff like basil or parsley, not woody herbs like thyme or bay, which I dry.

Dunno where elderflowers would sit on that scale.....??

• 1 month later...