New Pack

I dont think you will beat spanielxbeagles,terrierxspaniels or beaglexterrier for bushing as there's always a risk of terriers dropping to ground & once they drop in they will carry on dropping in which will become a more a nuisance for a bushing man atb cbx

Most terriers will drop in but most will come back out once they figure out that the residents bite back.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fantastic post. You won't go far wrong following this advice.

I can't work it out myself mate. I was warned when I got this bitch by a few people about negative comments etc but didn't expect people to be so hostile toward them. If I said my Jack Russell was a g

As Iv said about on my Plummer bitch on other posts she was abit slow starting if I'm honest but when the penny dropped she's turned into a handy dog she's got a fantastic nose on her and she gives it

I was considering a plumber tbh gaz but they just so expensive from what I have seen and just ain't got it atm

The working dog lads won't charge silly money mate but it's finding them. Few and far between where plummers are concerned.

I will probably breed this bitch next year and pups won't be expensive...

F09F941E-3FAD-4965-B4CD-A0D67AD155F5_zps

That's a beauty of a dog that, you're going to use another plumber or to something else for coat

I was considering a plumber tbh gaz but they just so expensive from what I have seen and just ain't got it atm

The working dog lads won't charge silly money mate but it's finding them. Few and far between where plummers are concerned.

That's a beauty of a dog that, you're going to use another plumber or to something else for coat

If I'm breeding for myself then I would use something bigger like a spaniel X beagle or one of the purpose bred bushers. Maybe even spaniel X whippet to add a touch of leg.

If I'm breeding to put decent plummers on the ground then I will use a good working Plummer.

It's all ifs and buts at the moment though. I've been toying with breeding my own litter for a few years and always end up buying in.

I just think it's a shame there aren't more decent plummers out there for the lads that want them, at a working mans price.

If I'm breeding for myself then I would use something bigger like a spaniel X beagle or one of the purpose bred bushers. Maybe even spaniel X whippet to add a touch of leg.

If I'm breeding to put decent plummers on the ground then I will use a good working Plummer.

It's all ifs and buts at the moment though. I've been toying with breeding my own litter for a few years and always end up buying in.

I just think it's a shame there aren't more decent plummers out there for the lads that want them, at a working mans price.

That's it I'v been looking at plumers my self and if I'm honest I'v got the work for another terrier as I have a few farms for ratting and I do plenty day time work but it's the smooth coat that puts me off as a good thick coat would be much better for where I do a lot of my bushing and the smooth dogs have came out all blooded up and a body full of scabs for weeks after.

However another terrier would be a good addition to my pack but I'd have to get a kennel as I could not be bothered with another dog in the house and I want my garden doing before I thought about putting a kennel down

That's it I'v been looking at plumers my self and if I'm honest I'v got the work for another terrier as I have a few farms for ratting and I do plenty day time work but it's the smooth coat that puts me off as a good thick coat would be much better for where I do a lot of my bushing and the smooth dogs have came out all blooded up and a body full of scabs for weeks after.

However another terrier would be a good addition to my pack but I'd have to get a kennel as I could not be bothered with another dog in the house and I want my garden doing before I thought about putting a kennel down

Don't let the coat put you off mate. This bitch used to get badly ripped up but the skin does toughen. You would hardly know she's been bushing some days now.

Cant see why people would buy a terrier for bushing ? Get a spaniel or spaniel x and see a real busher go to work

plummers are ok.. apparently...................you just need 20/30 of them working as a team :D

Don't let the coat put you off mate. This bitch used to get badly ripped up but the skin does toughen. You would hardly know she's been bushing some days now.

i reckon a good jacket is a must for a busher expected to work hard cover all day

• Like 1

i reckon a good jacket is a must for a busher expected to work hard cover all day

I know what you're saying but I think sometimes skin comes into it too? There are dogs out there with thick jackets and skin like tissue paper. Conversely there are dogs with no coat and skin like a rhino.

I know what you're saying but I think sometimes skin comes into it too? There are dogs out there with thick jackets and skin like tissue paper. Conversely there are dogs with no coat and skin like a rhino.

I will get stuff sorted then see what's about, my pal has just got a pat X springer pup there so be nice to see that work in the future.

It's a X I'v considered but not seen one work

Cant see why people would buy a terrier for bushing ? Get a spaniel or spaniel x and see a real busher go to work

My pal has just got a pat X springer so be intresting to see it work in the future.

Me and my other pal use terriers for bushing with good success

My pal has just got a pat X springer so be intresting to see it work in the future.

Me and my other pal use terriers for bushing with good success

It's always gonna be the same mate, what suits one man won't suit another. There's never gonna be a right and wrong.

If terrier X spaniels are doing the job on your ground and on your chosen quarry then I wouldn't look any further.

plummers are ok.. apparently...................you just need 20/30 of them working as a team :D

I like it ?