New Pack

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fantastic post. You won't go far wrong following this advice.

I can't work it out myself mate. I was warned when I got this bitch by a few people about negative comments etc but didn't expect people to be so hostile toward them. If I said my Jack Russell was a g

As Iv said about on my Plummer bitch on other posts she was abit slow starting if I'm honest but when the penny dropped she's turned into a handy dog she's got a fantastic nose on her and she gives it

OK mate what ever you say I'm inexperienced lol to all you serious digging folk get rid of your russells,patts etc & get a plummer lol you want to stop watching them ratting dvds lol

The thread was never about serious digging folk though? The lad was asking about bushing dogs ?

• Like 2

Plummers are OK for small bramble patches little hedges, very clever little terriers will run rabbits into each other through the rabbit runs so you can get a good catch rate in the right spots, compared to a purpose bred x bred or hound they will get left behind very quickly and be found out for what they are. I bought one once it looked good in a pack but on its own it was shite !!!

I've never owned a plummer or seen one work so can't comment from personal experience, but they're bound to be exactly the same as all other breeds and types of dog, insofar as some will be better than others. If you're tarring the breed as a whole with the same brush based on one individual you've owned, yours is bound to be a very biased view.

• Like 1

Plummers are OK for small bramble patches little hedges, very clever little terriers will run rabbits into each other through the rabbit runs so you can get a good catch rate in the right spots, compared to a purpose bred x bred or hound they will get left behind very quickly and be found out for what they are. I bought one once it looked good in a pack but on its own it was shite !!!

I've never owned a plummer or seen one work so can't comment from personal experience, but they're bound to be exactly the same as all other breeds and types of dog, insofar as some will be better than others. If you're tarring the breed as a whole with the same brush based on one individual you've owned, yours is bound to be a very biased view.

ive owned a few and its true some are better than others. however if you source good working stock they are generally exellent bushing dogs . :thumbs:

I would get a busher first.get it doing what it does then you be ready for a runner..the runner be out seeing the terrier work and seeing then bushed Bunny's.be nice and sharp when it's ready to start catching them

you need a busher

To slate an entire breed based on one shite one is pretty poor mate.

I would put my Plummer up against any purpose bred busher and reckon she would put up a good show.

Like Krawnden says there is good and bad in all types.

• Like 1

I would put my Plummer up against any purpose bred busher and reckon she would put up a good show.

Self proclaimed Plummer expert you have only ever had one????? I'm entitled to my opinion just as use are this is a public forum after all, like I said there ok not bad dogs I do Like them but there not my cup off tea !

Not claiming to be an expert chief. I've seen a good one. So I can safely say that there are some good ones out there

I also accept that there are shit ones out there.

You have seen one shite one and feel qualified to judge all the plummers out there based on your bad experience.

Who said I have only seen one? the ones I've seen looked good as a pack but on there own not much cop, I've seen better russels that run on there own that would put them to shame, these plummers I've seen are supposed to be the cream of the crop best of the best lol !!!! They where ok but I've seen a lot better bushing dogs, average at best!!!!

I didn't say you've only seen one. I said "IF you're ..."

you have only ever had one?????

Just picked up on this statement. You've only ever had one too ???

So if you buy one shit dog it's okay to slate the entire breed based on that shit dog. But you have to have several good ones before you can say there are good ones out there?

Hahaha. THL at its best. One rule for you and another for me. Brilliant.

• Like 1