The Revenant Movie

I enjoyed the scenery, but I thought it was way too long for the story. And the bear in the bear attack scene looked like a bloke on his way to a fancy dress party. :laugh:

Really wasn't for me, but I can see why people liked it.

I enjoyed the scenery, but I thought it was way too long for the story. And the bear in the bear attack scene looked like a bloke on his way to a fancy dress party. :laugh:

Really wasn't for me, but I can see why people liked it.

broke back mountain's more up your street eh pal? :D

• Like 3

Great cinematography. While it was based on Hugh Glasses story the writers took a run with the facts. A long run at that. I did a little googling and see that fatal bear attacks are not uncommon. Here are couple interesting ones.

1. Andy Sublette, 46 Santa Monica, California : An experienced bear hunter who hunted and killed many bears, Sublette shot and wounded a bear after being separated from his hunting party near present-day Santa Monica in 1854. He was then mauled but stabbed the bear to death with his knife and with the help of his dog. His dog survived, but Sublette died seven days later due to his injuries

2. Frank Devereaux ? Cheboygan, Michigan : Devereaux and the bear's corpses were found in the woods. There were indications that the bear and man fought each other. No mention of a firearm. :icon_eek:

They say men were tougher back then.

• Like 2