Best Estate Cars Out There

Ive got a ford focus estate 2.0 diesel. Cant fault it, I always have ran old cars, as I do high mileage and am too tight to loose money I dont need to! I paid 2.5k for it with 75K on the clock, have put about 60K on the clock, its rare that it drops below 50mpg, will happily cruise at faster motorway speeds and work on it seems reasonable, it also has plenty of boot space. Once its done a few more miles I'll swap it for the same again.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

loads of room

The Skoda Octavia is the same engine and running gear as the Golf / Audi A3 / Seat Leon. The body of the Octavia though is more like the size of the Passat. The boot on the Octavia is huge and the car

dopey gas guzzling tax magnet of a yoke for blokes who want to be farmers or hunt servants

Posted Images

quiet understandable tilly ,if i owned a truck like that id be proud as fuk about it too,I think im going to see either a toyota avensis ,or a mondeo,ive spoken to a few mechanics and they reckon the passats are good until they go wrong ,then they cost a bomb to fix...reliability im told here is either mondeo or avensis...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-avensis-d4d-estate/12406817

something similar to this I think...

my bro had a avensis d4d and it was a lovely motor, very good on fuel, either the avensis or mondeo would probably serve you well, both proven motors, the choice is yours....... ;)

No no no no.... Dont anybody get a Mazda6, they are shite, i was talking bollocks earlier in the thred... deluded, thats it!

Take it from me, steer well clear of them Mazda 6's... (Till i get mine!!) ;)

No no no no.... Dont anybody get a Mazda6, they are shite, i was talking bollocks earlier in the thred... deluded, thats it!

Take it from me, steer well clear of them Mazda 6's... (Till i get mine!!) ;)

What sort of year and model you looking at Bosun? You heard much about their reliability and repair costs?

I've looked at the Mazda 6 Estate myself, the 2.2 top spec, you got a lot of toys for your money. Leather, Sat Nav, Bluetooth you name it. And at 170 horses should have a bit of poke.

I just haven't heard much about them, good or bad.

The focus estate and Astra estate stand out to me, I know a few lads with these motors who do serious miles lamping, ferreting etc and they keep having these motors.

All joking aside these estates are hard to beat?

I was about an hour and a half from Vancouver tillylamp , way up in the hills beautiful part of the world, great people over in Canada.

nice one mate...what was the name of where you was at.......we are going to try and head towards smithers or fort st john, the plan is, we are buying a travel trailer or motorhome and take off....sight seeing until we like the look of a place, then get a house half off the grid somewhere,

IT was near a place called Surrey mate, about an hour and a half drive from the airport.
  • Like 1

I was about an hour and a half from Vancouver tillylamp , way up in the hills beautiful part of the world, great people over in Canada.

nice one mate...what was the name of where you was at.......we are going to try and head towards smithers or fort st john, the plan is, we are buying a travel trailer or motorhome and take off....sight seeing until we like the look of a place, then get a house half off the grid somewhere,
IT was near a place called Surrey mate, about an hour and a half drive from the airport.
It just came back to me the place we stayed was called Mission, great little spot up in the hills, if you get a chance give it a look.
  • Like 1

The Mazda ford and Citroen , Peugeot all used to run hdi Diesel engines or sometimes they run ford diesels the ford dura torques were shiny and bright, with common pump and injector faults, my Mrs has a focus cmax hdi engined and it's a beast loadsa torque to spare