Accuracy??

Hello All,

I have had a busy winter and spring with work (can't really complain!).

Been out today for the first time, and both my rifles have lost their zero, is this normal when not used for a while?

They have been stored in the gun cabinet, their is no damp in the cabinet or anything like that.

Thanks

John...

Edited by Gaoler

I find my own need a re zero ever week or so. It might not be the rifle, it maybe down to the shooter. I shoot my HM one afternoon, bang on, go back to it at the weekend and it needs a click or two left or right. It might be me, or just the secret laws of what goes on when there not being used. I suppose I re zero often so I know there spot on in a way.

How far of zero are they?

What rifles are the mate?

HW100 .22 and a Falcon FN19 .22...

If it's not off by much, it could be that the cylinder has caused the barrel band to shift slightly when the rifle was filled.

Or, like Rez says, it could just be one of those pcp phenomena that we must just live with.

I see it with springers too. I suspect that the internal components of scopes are affected by temperature and air pressure more than we might think. After all, they are designed to respond to tiny adjustments, so could an infinitesimal movement, shrinking or expansion of one or more components under different atmospheric conditions be responsible for a small zero shift...?

I see it with springers too. I suspect that the internal components of scopes are affected by temperature and air pressure more than we might think. After all, they are designed to respond to tiny adjustments, so could an infinitesimal movement, shrinking or expansion of one or more components under different atmospheric conditions be responsible for a small zero shift...?

HA.

Just you Coypu :D

• Like 1

HA.

Nope, Pianoman too, a long time ago in a galaxy, I mean post, far, far away... ;)

Question Yoda do you? :D

And are you saying that you have never, ever picked a springer out of the cabinet and found it to be shooting off zero? Strong the Force with you must be... :yes:

• Like 1

HA.

Nope, Pianoman too, a long time ago in a galaxy, I mean post, far, far away... ;)

Question Yoda do you? :D

And are you saying that you have never, ever picked a springer out of the cabinet and found it to be shooting off zero? Strong the Force with you must be... :yes:

Every sodin' day.