Lamping In The Leeds/west Yorkshire Area

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you haven't got a lamp you can have mine mate, i live in West Leeds and only really got time to mooch with my dog during the day so i'd rather someone make use of it.   PM me if you want it and

Thats pretty good advice..   As from your first post you sound like you've put the effort in to the dog with breaking to stock,ferrets & with the experience of them ferreting trips..   Get some

That used to be the obvious choice and education for many,now they want their hands held and a kiss at the end of the night.

The general that's completely backwards to boys who lamp my end....if you start hunting up daytime first then start lapping then it could encourage hunting up after missing on the lamp..I know it's not exactly how it goes but a dog hunting on the lamp is a c**t, and very hard if not impossible to overcome. Start it on walked up rabbits on lamp atb

The general that's completely backwards to boys who lamp my end....if you start hunting up daytime first then start lapping then it could encourage hunting up after missing on the lamp..I know it's not exactly how it goes but a dog hunting on the lamp is a c**t, and very hard if not impossible to overcome. Start it on walked up rabbits on lamp atb

:thumbs:

Well from the few outings with the ferrets and the jack Russell marking up sets constantly, my lurch has started to hunting... And marking up. I got my self a lamp so took him out where there was a load of rabbits on a flatt football field. Easy pickings. I know it's out of season but was interested on how he would do. But yes he is constantly hunting... He does chase the rabbits and is keep for them! But he's not seeing them till the run or move and is not looking down the lamp. I find my self holding him under one arm so he's higher up and can see the rabbits easier with the lamp in the hand creeping up on the rabbit!! Haha... He didn't get any but did a few good runs.

Well from the few outings with the ferrets and the jack Russell marking up sets constantly, my lurch has started to hunting... And marking up. I got my self a lamp so took him out where there was a load of rabbits on a flatt football field. Easy pickings. I know it's out of season but was interested on how he would do. But yes he is constantly hunting... He does chase the rabbits and is keep for them! But he's not seeing them till the run or move and is not looking down the lamp. I find my self holding him under one arm so he's higher up and can see the rabbits easier with the lamp in the hand creeping up on the rabbit!! Haha... He didn't get any but did a few good runs.

AVOID rabbits on football pitches with young dogs. Or the dog will start pulling up. :victory:

• Like 2

I see where your coming from and it makes a lot of sense, the thing is where I come from if you lamp a young dog early on as you've said it will encourage them to not hunt on. So the thing is when you bring it out in the daytime and a rabbit or fox hits the hedge then the dog will stop and not wreck and push on threw after it which isn't much use to a man watching the quarry run unhindered up the next field while your dog is standing staring into the bushes, each to there own.