Please Recommend Me A Strimmer / Brushcutter

I know quite a few lads on here use a lot of this agricultural kit.

I need a petrol strimmer, I wondered if anybody can recommend one.

It will be for occasional use.

Do I need to go for a good make like Stihl, or has anybody has good experience with a lesser make.

Cheers for any input.

I did a post on this last week. I bought a titan from screwfix. hundred quid in sale. It did a very good job to be fair but Im onto my third already!

In fairness screwfix replaced both times with no questions so Ive strimmed everything I needed to and got a brand new one in shed again.

I think the answer is in how well u look after your gear. If you look after them and are confident stripping down cleaning and servicing etc then definitely go for a sthil or a huska and it should last you forever. However if you are like me, use and abuse it till it breaks then Id go cheap. I see it if I get a couple year out of em Ive had mi monies worth

• Like 1

mccolloch i have one 15 years never let me down

McCulloch of 15 years ago are not the stuff that they do now. gone down hill in my experience. Sthil every time for me. 10 yearsand still going strong. Lad that works for me has gone through 5 strimmers of various budget makes in 3 years. He wouldnt listen. Now has a Sthil :thumbs:

• Like 1

Sthil all the way you cant beat them.

McCulloch of 15 years ago are not the stuff that they do now. gone down hill in my experience. Sthil every time for me. 10 yearsand still going strong. Lad that works for me has gone through 5 strimmers of various budget makes in 3 years. He wouldnt listen. Now has a Sthil :thumbs:

the amount he spend on them he could of had a sthil and he would still be on his first one.

• Like 1

Sthil all the way you cant beat them.

the amount he spend on them he could of had a sthil and he would still be on his first one.

the youth of today wont listen. Buy shite. Buy twice

Echo ..not the cheapest but I've had mine for twelve years , still starts first time and never let me down ..the local hire companies use them which tells you something ..

yeah....totally agree with that, we use to use echo strimmers for years, very good and very reliable..... ;)

I have one of these

cobra_MT250C__59880.1448983280.380.380.j

But have only ever used the strim mode. I have to keep tightening the bolts as they shake loose and the choke lever is in a stupid place - you knock it out of position when pulling the start cord.

But... it has been brilliant. It replaced a Titan Petrol strimmer that has a twat to start and my second in warranty.

Make sure you wear a face shield as it kicks up loads of debris.

If I was buying a chainsaw however, it would have to be Stihl or Husqvana. Had my fill of all the rest.

I got a Ryobi strimmer with brush cutter and hedge trimmer attachment from screwfix several years ago, still going strong (occasional use) was about £130 I think, well worth it IMO

Cheers D.