Some Do & Some Don't..

Not everyone wants or needs their lurchers to jump but one that doesn't is as much use as a glass eye to me no matter what its capable of on a fen or such,it's red hot here today so as my lad has Boots down the river with him swimming i took the pup just out the back door for a bit of jumping practice,he's doing OK if not perfect but he's only 9 1/2 months old so he will get the hang of things before i start him away for sure..

PSX_20160604_160309_zpsgulqqli6.jpg

PSX_20160604_160412_zpsswmjyq29.jpg

PSX_20160604_161324_zpssyywguuy.jpg

PSX_20160604_161742_zps9xgodjd5.jpg

PSX_20160604_161011_zpsbqgezgyj.jpg

PSX_20160604_161134_zpsbloitfat.jpg

• Like 19

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I get your drift fella ??,i don't,won't,never have nor never will wrap my dogs up in cotton wool,if i thought of everything that may go wrong by doing certain things id end up keeping handbag dogs &am

Not everyone wants or needs their lurchers to jump but one that doesn't is as much use as a glass eye to me no matter what its capable of on a fen or such,it's red hot here today so as my lad has Boot

This guy can leap lol..  

Posted Images

A lurcher that doesn't jump is in my opinion not worth owning . A dog that pulls up at a fence gate or ditch doesn't get much round here

Exactly the same around here mate & when i hear lads around here saying they are catching all sorts yet their dogs don't jump i just laugh to myself & know they are talking utter shite,they are only fooling themselves not me or anyone who has done a bit ??

• Like 2

Yep, jumping is a must for me, I do know some lads though that refuse to let a dog jump, these lads out most nights during season and maybe only have one dog(for lamping), they say they can't afford to have dog laid up cos of barbed wire, 5 or 10 seconds is all it takes to life a dog over, also refuse to turn on a light crossing fences/ditches to show dog any obstacle for fear of alerting quarry of their presence. I have a whippet that will jump but I don't let her as she has already cost me a fortune lol, paper thin skin.

Nice pics btw.

• Like 2

some of the farmers around this way tie wooden pallets to the top of the gates.which makes them about 6 feet.but i'm afraid it won't stop my deerhound x.jumping is a must.they.f**king hell though i try and find some solid fencing to pratice on.

• Like 1

Not any more, as a young man I taught all my dogs to jump, many years later and lost count of the dogs I’ve stitched (mainly from pigs), I lost one of my best running dogs (greyhound wolfhound) he tried to retrieve a young roo and ripped his private near clean off, long story short I had him put down, after many $ and a wound that just wouldn’t heal. From that day on I’ve taught them to find their way under or round, never had a problem with ditches or channels. I would rather lose prey, than stitch my dogs. In this country nearly every fence is barbed wire. Just my opinion, each to their own.

• Like 1

Not any more, as a young man I taught all my dogs to jump, many years later and lost count of the dogs I’ve stitched (mainly from pigs), I lost one of my best running dogs (greyhound wolfhound) he tried to retrieve a young roo and ripped his private near clean off, long story short I had him put down, after many $ and a wound that just wouldn’t heal. From that day on I’ve taught them to find their way under or round, never had a problem with ditches or channels. I would rather lose prey, than stitch my dogs. In this country nearly every fence is barbed wire. Just my opinion, each to their own.

SDOtGY9.jpgUDicOxD.png

• Like 4