A Couple Of Hours At Black Cat Hft Today.....

I popped in for my second visit today. It's a nice place, set in woodland in the Wiltshire countryside. The weather was good - Warm, not too sunny and, very little wind.

Little 'un and me went down there on Wednesday for a first look. She loved it.

Davy, Si and Laura were all there today. Laura is lovely. The other two are ok. Although, after seeing her shoot, I reckon the decent shots on VHTV are hers, carefully edited to look like Si and Davys ;)

The 55yrd range is good. It's in among the trees with some fairly challenging targets. One of which is a bell target with an 8mm hole set up at 27yrds (if I remember correctly).

I took along my .22 TX200hc and .177 HW100kt. It turned out that both of my scopes were slightly canted to the left. I didn't notice until Davy pointed it out and attached a level. I also discovered that when I shoot, I pull the rifle in and tilt it to the right. After this was sorted, I even managed to get a few .22 FAPs into that sodding bell target :rolleyes:

I've never tried HFT before so, after a little plinking, I took the HW100 for a walk along the lanes. I enjoyed it. I felt that it came pretty close to taking the rifle for a walk on a permission, just without the bonus of something to cook afterwards :)

But, I reckon a couple of squirrel feeders on the 55yrd range could work well ;)

I found it to be typical of this sport - A very helpful bunch of guys - Not just the guys running the place, the other visitors as well. Indeed, on Wednesday they even took the time to chat to my daughter and show an interest in her rifle and what she had to say. First class guys - Thank you!

I gather there's a few events in the pipeline - I know it's a bit of a trek for some of you but, maybe I'll get to meet some of you there one day.

:good:

post-102688-0-07088900-1465050311_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Tell the truth you were all over them two weren't you but are worried about the ribbing :tongue2:

Seriously though looks and sounds a good place and when the staff and other visitors are nice enough to take time to chat and show an interest in your kit it makes it all the better and will keep people going back,also you share you pleasant experience on here and speed the good word...

Nice to see you down again today Jon,and glad you joined the club.

Yes plenty coming up with meets shooting events,and a league system.

Good to see you again,and glad your daughter is happy withe HW 50.

Tell the truth you were all over them two weren't you but are worried about the ribbing :tongue2:

I did have plans to get a couple of autographs that I could sell on ebay but, due to their fame and fortune now, their entourage and security detail don't let the plebs anywhere near :rolleyes::D

• Like 2

Nice to see you down again today Jon,and glad you joined the club.

Yes plenty coming up with meets shooting events,and a league system.

Good to see you again,and glad your daughter is happy withe HW 50.

Cheers Davy.

I like it - it's a nice place to disappear to for a few hours :good:

I was talking to little 'un last night - it looks like you'll have another junior member soon.

It's nice to see girls taking part - Rogers daughter did well on the HFT course with his Wildcat :good:

• Like 1

It was a wet one yesterday. Thank god the shooting bench is well covered :thumbs:

It started off with thunder at around 2pm - Over the next 2 hours it was a mixture of torrential rain and hail. On the plus side, I still managed to hit a 5mm spinner at 30yrds through the weather :)

post-102688-0-77368100-1466057152_thumb.jpg