Hi i was wondering if any one has made drop boxes and if they where success with them.

I have john B book on trap making so I have got the plans to make some, and have looked though threads on here there was one where someone had made them and send john B some pictures. But i want to know is has anyone made any since or do they just but them in.

I got and use a couple, mine are galv tho

Mine to, never had the inclination to build one.

They certainly have their uses but not something I reach for on a daily basis, and all that digging! :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 1

Them leader ones are good,,,

But one one of my many estates,,lol,,,the keeper there has some right Heath Robinson affairs ,,made with plastic barrels ,,,but the work very well

• Like 1

The leader ones are shit ... The thin galv design means that they bow with time as the pressure of the earth presses against the sides ... The tilt mechanism is over complicated and and can snag and jam easily ... Plastic and wooden ones will last one season max if your lucky .....

For gardens and safe places with good soil I suppose they will but if you put it in bad ground or anywhere there's cattle and horses it won't last very long at all ......

The leader ones are shit ... The thin galv design means that they bow with time as the pressure of the earth presses against the sides ... The tilt mechanism is over complicated and and can snag and jam easily ... Plastic and wooden ones will last one season max if your lucky .....

Try 5 seasons and still going strong. That's plywood. If things are made well and to last. They generally will.