Corruption At Basc?

A post from another source - I cannot vouch for this personally so please take this with a health warning.

I found this on an Ex BASC staff member,s facebook page. thought it might help.FYI Chairman of council resigned and resign from councilScottish representative resign from councilWelsh representative resigned from council.Interim chief executive Christopher GraffiusChief Executive suspendedDirector of operations suspended then resignedDirector Wales and shooting standards suspendedHR department suspendedAllegations of bullying made against 5 council members by the above members of staff.New chairman of Council Glenser followed by the four other bullies.Council now attacking and destroying members of staff. Christopher Graffius now pursuing anti lead agenda in line with Swift policy.Read more at http://forums.shootinguk.co.uk/showthread.php?13075-quot-trouble-at-Mill-quot#Ct4OipGDFphdDqZ6.99

C Graffius has issued a statement that he is NOT pursuing an anti lead agenda.

The fight to protect shooting is always ever present, more so in the halls of Westminster. BASC is the only org with the clout to do this. Let's see the anti BASC bashers provide an org that could compete with them. There isn't one!

Has CG suggested he is acting CE ?

I wouldnt know what his agenda was but if he has one, its either because he's CE or the CE has given him one if he isnt. Nobody is certain this stage about anything - surely ? I am hoping news will follow Council. Whatever comes out will be important for everyone in shooting.

• Like 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When the chips are down and that sticky moment comes by ,you turn to the one organisation that youve religiously paid into every year since they were founded only for them to turn their backs and push

It's pretty obvious, any organisation that seems so intent on dreaming up new schemes to relieve its member and the people it's meant to represent of money instead of just getting on with the serious

Keep the fee down !!!!.......Jesus Christ what would it be otherwise ?!!

When the chips are down and that sticky moment comes by ,you turn to the one organisation that youve religiously paid into every year since they were founded only for them to turn their backs and push you from pillar to post ,told its not really their thing ,then a man has a right to criticise the money grabbing c**ts that took the coin and pretended they cared .I hope they are found guilty of something and see how they feel ,toffee nosed c**ts .They are certainly not the organisation everyone signs up for and the annual extortionate fee gets you no more than half it costs for the rest .At the time of my predicament ,i was accused of digging in a badger sette which it was not but the barge pole was extended that weekend by BASC to push me far away .ill never forget it tbh and hope those concerned get a taste of same .

• Like 7

I have often wondered if someone took a back hander to ban lead shot, you know how companies like to bring out new products from time to time, and let's be fair the evidence wasn't there, to base there case on informed decisions based on facts,

• Like 2

AGM recently held in Chester. Philip Glenser unanimously re-elected as Chaitman and others, also unanimously. No mention of the problems or the fall-out. Things will be confidential until its all sorted vis a vis employment law and peoples rights.

Best chap to be at the helm right now methinks.

When the chips are down and that sticky moment comes by ,you turn to the one organisation that youve religiously paid into every year since they were founded only for them to turn their backs and push you from pillar to post ,told its not really their thing ,then a man has a right to criticise the money grabbing c**ts that took the coin and pretended they cared .I hope they are found guilty of something and see how they feel ,toffee nosed c**ts .They are certainly not the organisation everyone signs up for and the annual extortionate fee gets you no more than half it costs for the rest .At the time of my predicament ,i was accused of digging in a badger sette which it was not but the barge pole was extended that weekend by BASC to push me far away .ill never forget it tbh and hope those concerned get a taste of same .

Very similar to my case mate they are really f***ing arse holes!!!! I would not trust them as far as I could throw them

• 11 months later...

Couldnt lie straight in their beds I'm afraid .Another institution gone sour through greed and complacency

You could not be farther from the truth if you tried - please don't try

BASC is not complacent; yes we try to raise funds from non-membership revenue to keep the membership fees down, for our members.

I joined BASC as I shoot air rifles and work ferrets. I made a shotgun application AFTER I joined which was ultimately refused. I contacted BASC as I was made aware they had a helpline and so on. Long story short they refused to help me and said I knew I was going to fail therefore I should see a solicitor. And in as many words said I was only joining for that reason. He also quoted this to me "an insurer wouldn't let you claim after a crash" Is that not the whole purpose of insurance? To cover yourself should you crash? The message it sends is the advertisement they make on the internet that each member get £100,000 appeal cost and so should say (if you don't have a criminal record) In one of section I forget which one it says; what we do cover and then "any member who is found in possession of a shotgun or a firearm without a license" now to me if you found with either of those your going straight to prison as that is a criminal offence. They are willing to cover that but not help somebody who hasn't been nicked for 15 years, strange. I may seek legal advice on this one. Rant over

Couldnt lie straight in their beds I'm afraid .Another institution gone sour through greed and complacency

BASC is not complacent; yes we try to raise funds from non-membership revenue to keep the membership fees down, for our members.

I joined BASC as I shoot air rifles and work ferrets. I made a shotgun application AFTER I joined which was ultimately refused. I contacted BASC as I was made aware they had a helpline and so on. Long story short they refused to help me and said I knew I was going to fail therefore I should see a solicitor. And in as many words said I was only joining for that reason. He also quoted this to me "an insurer wouldn't let you claim after a crash" Is that not the whole purpose of insurance? To cover yourself should you crash? The message it sends is the advertisement they make on the internet that each member get £100,000 appeal cost and so should say (if you don't have a criminal record) In one of section I forget which one it says; what we do cover and then "any member who is found in possession of a shotgun or a firearm without a license" now to me if you found with either of those your going straight to prison as that is a criminal offence. They are willing to cover that but not help somebody who hasn't been nicked for 15 years, strange. I may seek legal advice on this one. Rant over

Obviously not knowing your circumstances it's impossible to give a specific answer, but from what you've said, you are in an untenable situation. You might have put in your application after you joined BASC, but being honest you must have known there was an issue already.

You can't really blame them for not wanting to take on a case that's (in their eyes) unwinnable.

Purely as an example, someone could have just got out of prison after doing 20 years for armed robbery and murder, so is never going to have a shotgun. Joining BASC then applying for a SGC isn't going to change that.

I'm not siding with them by the way, just playing devil;s advocate, :thumbs:

Obviously not knowing your circumstances it's impossible to give a specific answer, but from what you've said, you are in an untenable situation. You might have put in your application after you joined BASC, but being honest you must have known there was an issue already.

You can't really blame them for not wanting to take on a case that's (in their eyes) unwinnable.

Purely as an example, someone could have just got out of prison after doing 20 years for armed robbery and murder, so is never going to have a shotgun. Joining BASC then applying for a SGC isn't going to change that.

I'm not siding with them by the way, just playing devil;s advocate, :thumbs:

My circumstances are I have been arrested 38 times between 1996 - 2002 only 13 of those arrests led to subsequent charges. My worst one probably being violent disorder, I was with a few mates one lad pasted another lad after HE was being attacked with a baseball bat and we all got done for it. Public order act or some kind for defending yourself. But typically we are all thugs and so on and defending yourself is not justifiable in Lancashire.

The chief inspector also said they had "intelligence" (hear say in Lehman's terms) that I was associated with drugs and drug dealers in 2012, total shite! A weak justification for refusal is all. I also got a month in a young offenders when I was 17 I had a fight, I won, he informed the authorities . That's nearly 20 years ago.

I see what your saying though, I didn't apply knowing I would be refused, although I was not surprised. I thought with that them being well in the past I would at least not be judged as the same person today, I'm not. People change, circumstances change..what can you do?

This has to be a windup surely?

Did you join this site purely to moan about basc and if you were the licensing manager would you grant a shotgun certificate to someone arrested 38 times in 6 years?

I wouldn't.