Pele To Auction His Medals

As in life some players just have that something extra ,that special touch of class about them that sets them apart ,and I don't just mean talent ,I mean that indescribable touch of something special ,Eusabio ,Beckenbaur,Moore ,de Stephanio ,Puskas Defoe ....etc ,but Pele took it one step further ,a once in a lifetime player .

Would you not put Maradona in that list ?......personally i wouldnt but ive never quite known if its venomous poison towards the little c**t or simply because he,s not as good as those names.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Good player " !!! Talk about damming with faint praise ,that's like saying DaVinci was a decent all rounder ,that Michaelangelo could do a bit of chiseling ,that Vemeer was OK at painting . Pele was

LIke this one you mean  

My pal went to America when we was kids on a holiday (it was a really big deal going to America back then in the early 80s) and met Pele while he was there.......to us football mad kids it was like he

Pele, Moore and Eusebio just 3 names I heard growing up that you associated with brilliance, not because of seeing them play but because of the way the older generation talked about them.

One of my memories was watching Kempes in the 78 world cup and saying how good he was, my Dad said "rubbish son, he couldn't lace Pele's boots and Bobby Moore would've had him in his pocket all day!"

Same as me i remember Kempes......also the goal from what seemed like about 90 yards from the dutchman in the semi final what was his name..............thats done me now ive got to find it !.......great final that was.

• Like 1

Pele, Moore and Eusebio just 3 names I heard growing up that you associated with brilliance, not because of seeing them play but because of the way the older generation talked about them.

One of my memories was watching Kempes in the 78 world cup and saying how good he was, my Dad said "rubbish son, he couldn't lace Pele's boots and Bobby Moore would've had him in his pocket all day!"

Same as me i remember Kempes......also the goal from what seemed like about 90 yards from the dutchman in the semi final what was his name..............thats done me now ive got to find it !.......great final that was.
Dirk Nanninga.

This one......it seemed a lot further out at the time :D .....still some strike though !......think it was the semi final or quarter i forget now.

He leathered that one fair play, Archie Gemmill scored a good goal against the Dutch in that World Cup too.

As in life some players just have that something extra ,that special touch of class about them that sets them apart ,and I don't just mean talent ,I mean that indescribable touch of something special ,Eusabio ,Beckenbaur,Moore ,de Stephanio ,Puskas Defoe ....etc ,but Pele took it one step further ,a once in a lifetime player .

Would you not put Maradona in that list ?......personally i wouldnt but ive never quite known if its venomous poison towards the little c**t or simply because he,s not as good as those names.

Its not a list of the best ever Gnash ,just a few who (to me )had that special something on top of talent ,that magnetism that makes everyone around them look up to them ,they naturally have a way about them that makes them special ,no posing ,posturing ,tantrums from these people ...just class

Its not a list of the best ever Gnash ,just a few who (to me )had that special something on top of talent ,that magnetism that makes everyone around them look up to them ,they naturally have a way about them that makes them special ,no posing ,posturing ,tantrums from these people ...just class

Oh ok i gotcha my mistake................well in that case you forgot Mark Noble :thumbs:

• Like 1

Don't think big strong wirey arse Colliers needed

Knives ' Stanley's or Petrol bombs

That was for fannys

Pit Boots and Leather like hands seen your lot off running into the North Sea Gnash lad :)

Jackanory.

How would you know Spuffy

You don't know your arse from your elbow you boring fooka.

Listen son I would have you trembling in your coal dusted boots given two minutes alone with you. (Believe me)

As for your story telling, why don't you save it up for the Sunderland thread and keep it to that thread.

Jackanory