All the jokes aside, levelling the blame wherever, parents, zoo etc.

The minute that kid was in that enclosure the gorilla was on borrowed time.

I don't think there was a genuine viable alternative.

I doubt there would have been the same outpouring of grief and pages of condolence if it was the kid that was dead.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am going to try to clear up a few things that have been weighing on me about Harambe and the Cinci Zoo since I read the news this afternoon. I have worked with Gorillas as a zookeeper while in my

That gorilla could have popped the child's head off like a champagne cork at any second, shooting it was the only option. Shame that such a magnificent animal had to die.., but rather a monkey than a

Amazing THL so it is. I'd quite understand the debate on some lunatic vegan page but I do struggle to get my head around the debate on here. Most of us have no problem pulling the trigger whether it b

Posted Images

I'm not a fan of apes or monkeys as all they seem to do is play with themselves or stick their fingers up their bum. It was a captive gorilla which seems like a pretty shit life but that's all it knew, then one day it gets shot for doing exactly the same as it has done for the last 17 years.

The same thing it's done for 17 years? LOL. I didn't realise the gorilla had kids over on a regular basis.lol

You know what I mean JB. :laugh:

It got up, did the usual stuff, then whether you blame the zoo for lack of suitable precautions of the gormless parent who didn't think the kid needed extra supervision after it had said it wanted to climb in there, it was put in an unwinnable situation through no fault of it's own.

Absolutely the right decision to shoot it. Absolutely wrong it was put in that situation in the first place.

The parents are getting hassle on social media,as for the gorilla well a clean head shot is preferable to having your hands hacked off with a rusty machete and sold as a sun dried delicacy in the local bush meat market.

Also can't help but laugh at the folk sayin they would have jumped in with the silver back gorilla.[/quote

You laugh away,I can't swim ,but if one of my kids ended up in water I wouldn't hesitate in jumping in,if one of my kids is in distress or trouble ,I'm not going to stand there wailing my head off,I'm going to be right by their side,an if anyone's going to get hurt it will be me first.

I really don't see how that's hard to comprehend!

Amazing THL so it is. I'd quite understand the debate on some lunatic vegan page but I do struggle to get my head around the debate on here. Most of us have no problem pulling the trigger whether it be to put food on the table, vermin control or trophy hunting but we can't agree on that the safety of a child comes first. Unreal!!!

• Like 8

Let's hope you never ever get put in a situation where you have to make the choice to fight a silver back gorilla. Don't want another dead gorilla

Fpmsl

Let's hope you never ever get put in a situation where you have to make the choice to fight a silver back gorilla. Don't want another dead gorilla

its no testosterone thing, ive no doubt the gorilla would rip me a new arse hole,end of the day, I'd still do it.if I didn't and just stood there I wouldn't be able to live with it/myself.

Amazing THL so it is. I'd quite understand the debate on some lunatic vegan page but I do struggle to get my head around the debate on here. Most of us have no problem pulling the trigger whether it be to put food on the table, vermin control or trophy hunting but we can't agree on that the safety of a child comes first. Unreal!!!

There would never be a winner. If they hadn't shot it and it killed the child there would be outrage it wasn't shot. It's a captive gorilla it's dead. Who really cares they have another 9 to show

Pretty much how I see it. I'd have felt a hell of a lot sadder if it decided to smash the wee boy of the ground like a bit bamboo.

Why don't they just stuff it now, make a shrine to it. You'll have every f***ing idiot in the country coming to give it a hug.

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of apes or monkeys as all they seem to do is play with themselves or stick their fingers up their bum. It was a captive gorilla which seems like a pretty shit life but that's all it knew, then one day it gets shot for doing exactly the same as it has done for the last 17 years.

The same thing it's done for 17 years? LOL. I didn't realise the gorilla had kids over on a regular basis.lol

It got up, did the usual stuff, then whether you blame the zoo for lack of suitable precautions of the gormless parent who didn't think the kid needed extra supervision after it had said it wanted to climb in there, it was put in an unwinnable situation through no fault of it's own.

Absolutely the right decision to shoot it. Absolutely wrong it was put in that situation in the first place.

:thumbs::yes:

Don't start that one again! :laugh:

• Like 1

I honestly cant believe some folks views on this,its funny in a way how we hear folk say things like " my dog would only have to bare its teeth to my kid and it would be in the ground "......yet they would take a chance on a silverback gorilla :D it beggars belief that any sane person would think twice about putting a bullet in the big monkeys head in that type of scenario !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 6

LOL.

Yeh knew what you meant, just messing with you. ;)