It's a pity that toddlers reins are not used more, it's very rare to see them at all nowadays yet they are still available. Had the water been a concrete bottomed pit instead of a water pit doesn't bear thinking about.

• Like 2

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am going to try to clear up a few things that have been weighing on me about Harambe and the Cinci Zoo since I read the news this afternoon. I have worked with Gorillas as a zookeeper while in my

That gorilla could have popped the child's head off like a champagne cork at any second, shooting it was the only option. Shame that such a magnificent animal had to die.., but rather a monkey than a

Amazing THL so it is. I'd quite understand the debate on some lunatic vegan page but I do struggle to get my head around the debate on here. Most of us have no problem pulling the trigger whether it b

Posted Images

Its not all bad at least somebody can make 2 nice ashtrays out of the gorillas hands and sell them on the blackmarket. They will look well on somebodys mantlepiece lol.

• Like 2

Loony parents again I'm afraid, one place where your child should be under control and at arms length at all times is a zoo surely?

true, its deff parents fault, when i was kid growing up, if any of us (5) kids stepped out of line wondered off, mouthed off , etc we get a good hard wallop of my old mom , and could she hit lol . its a shame the animal died, i rather see them in the wild on the tv , than in the flesh behind bars , not keen on zoos for this reason .!!

• Like 1

The zoo is at fault because the parents can't look after their child? Why is it always someone else's fault?

Perhaps we should replace grass everywhere with sponge mattresses in case the kid climbs a tree and falls out? Or build 10ft walls along every road in case it runs out on the road.

Or...just a thought here...look after your kids like parents are supposed to do.

:thumbs:

IT was the humans fault the animal died, the last thing the gorilla was expecting to happen was a Human kid falling into his enclosure. Granted it would be a heart wrencher if it happened to yer own, but there's no way that a kid of 4 should have been able to get in there. But let's hope it's not hijacked by the anti brigade against the shooting community

Think the fault lies with the parents AND the zoo ...a barrier should be that ..a barrier to stop entry , even by a determined 4 year old ...

Wonder what calibre they used ?

I did hear they used the new wonder gun, the HW100 in .177, personally I think the .22 would have been better but I don't use air guns so I will leave it to the air gun lads for their opinion. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Is there any footage of this incident ?.....just out of interest.

Personally i dont like this blame culture sometimes accidents just happen thats life unless you want to stay indoors forever but thats not much of a life.

Is there any footage of this incident ?.....just out of interest.

Personally i dont like this blame culture sometimes accidents just happen thats life unless you want to stay indoors forever but thats not much of a life.

google gorilla shot dead and you will see footage of child been dragged through water but not how he fell in.
  • Like 1

Sure the gorilla looked as if it was protecting the child from the limited footage,but who knows what happened in the seconds before the shot,and if it was your child would any of us have chosen a different ending,no one knows how it would have ended if the animal hadnt been shot,but it ended safe for the child so the ending was justified.

• Like 4

All the bleeding hearts are on this now I see; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36410841

Apparently the gorilla wasn't going to harm the boy.., it just dragged him around like a rag doll for 10 minutes to 'protect him from the screaming crowd'? FFS.., more bullets please???

I'm 100% of the same opinion as you pesky, I'm shocked by the lack of compassion for the poor wee baby getting thrown around by a 400lb gorilla, I hope the wee soul is ok and makes a full recovery after his terrible terrifying ordeal, sad tragic event that could have been avoided if the zoo had proper enclosures!!!

From what read 2 female gorillas where coaxed back inside an enclosure & kept contained, I guess the keepers shot as a last resort , so I assume they knew there was no way of getting the silver back to go inside like the females

I am puzzled that a small child managed to get through several barriers & be able to get inside the area that the silverback was in with no one seemingly trying to stop the child

Having just watched the footage , to shoot the gorilla was the right thing to do.... my heart went in my mouth when the Gorilla dragged the child through the water ..... its very sad & where all guilty of the old arm chair animal psychology bit '' it was only protecting the child''

Its hardly a natural setting for the Gorilla.... folks squealing & gawping at it from above... a very sad fiasco all round

• Like 3

Hard decision to make under pressure but the zoos usually have dangerous animal protocols for incidents like these. In retrospect there has never been a recorded incident of a lowland gorilla injuring never mind killing a person and the child in this incident was discharged with no injuries at all.

Tranq wasn't an option - the darts hurt and the actual drug can sting under the skin, wouldn't want to risk pissing off an animal that big with a child beside it