Ducks And Geese Shot

This makes me sick and I doubt I'm the only one. Just thought I would share it. People (scum) what ever you want to call them, give us and our sport a bad name:

FOUR wild birds have been killed in a disgusting attack at a pond in Hampshire.

Two recently-born geese, two wild ducks, a female Muscovy duck and one Moorhen are believed to have been shot with an air rifle or something similar, at a duck pond near Hartley Witney.

Another duck had been shot in the head during the incident which took place between 7pm on Monday, and 1pm on Tuesday, but was rescued by a member of the public and is expected to make a full recovery. PC Geoff Hill, of Farnborough police station, said: It is an offence under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 to kill, injure or take any wild bird.

The duck pond is at the heart of the village and has provided amusement for generations of families.

It is disgusting that someone should curtail this by killing innocent and defenceless wildlife.

Police are appealing for anyone with information on what happened to contact PC Hill on 101, quoting 44160194045, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Probally kids

years ago i was mooching across a river bank and came across two geese so killed them and days later found they where pets from the farm that wander to the river bank and deter fishermen maybe the people who came across the pond where out for the pot aswell

How are they 'out for the pot' when they just f**k off and leave them. Pish excuse!!

Just wankers that want to kill stuff in my eyes.

• Like 1

It's not an offence to take a wild bird (in season), but it was certainly an offence to shoot somewhere without permission and pretty pointless if you are going to leave them there.

They were nobs who did it, thugs and idiots but also prob just young lads without the nessasary guidance in life. It's a difficult one...it's just the wording of the report 'innocent and defenseless animals' that stops me getting to upset about it. My bacon butty this morning came from an innocent pig

They were nobs who did it, thugs and idiots but also prob just young lads without the nessasary guidance in life. It's a difficult one...it's just the wording of the report 'innocent and defenseless animals' that stops me getting to upset about it. My bacon butty this morning came from an innocent pig

And I bet it was bloody tasty too!

More anti propaganda???? As far as I knew it was ok to take wild birds? Except bop

Check on that law mate as with taking certain wild birds it's the only time in british law you have to prove your own innocence,every other crime(even murder) they have to prove you guilty but just having a wild bird for what ever reason your guilty end of :yes:

More anti propaganda???? As far as I knew it was ok to take wild birds? Except bop

Check on that law mate as with taking certain wild birds it's the only time in british law you have to prove your own innocence,every other crime(even murder) they have to prove you guilty but just having a wild bird for what ever reason your guilty end of :yes:

Not the only case. The same is true of the Badgers Act. Down to the accused to prove innocence.

• Like 1

then why are you allowed to shoot pigeon, ducks geese etc?

Not the only case. The same is true of the Badgers Act. Down to the accused to prove innocence.

your not wrong there