I think folk have underestimated just how important winning the group was.....if im not wrong England could now face Portugal then France then Germany !......my plans were to stay in France if we topped the group as we would of played Saturday but now playing Monday instead i couldnt face staying there all week the place is so depressing 90% of the country im sure dont even know theres a football tournament on they just havent entered into the spirit of it at all i know they have other problems at the moment but even so.....good luck to the Welsh i think they,ve done ok,personally i dont think they have enough to get past the better sides i think England have played 3 poor teams to be honest,the fact that we have totally dominated all 3 of them but only beaten 1 has got to be a huge worry for Hodgson.

Someone showed me an interesting statistic that just about sums us up.....since the tournament began Croatia have had 9 scoring chances and scored 5 goals......Italy have had 5 scoring chances and scored 3 goals.......England have had 56 scoring chances and scored 3 goals !!

So far this is as good as ive seen us play for a long time we are dominating teams.....had Vardy or Sturridge scored the sitters they missed the other night we would be full of enthusiasm but thats the fine lines at tournament football.

The French I know are not interested in football. They are mad keen on rugby though. Shame that you are leaving as the weather has just changed for the better. 32C and no rain today. I've been out mole trapping in shorts and sandals instead of wellies and waterproof trousers. :)

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats the best game ive seen all tournament Wales are doing a Leicester here.....not the greatest team in the world but just want it more and are out hustling more talented opposition its amazing what

Oi oi oi mun, what's all this "we" and "you" I'm part of the "we" gang butty, I'm as Welsh as they come, Had laver bread for breakfast a Welsh cake and cuppa for lunch and just had a big bowl of Caw

Haha I'm only messing.   It's just been one of them fairy tale type story's for us and with it being the year of the underdog with Leicester so to speak we've kind of captured people's hearts. It's n

Posted Images

The French I know are not interested in football. They are mad keen on rugby though. Shame that you are leaving as the weather has just changed for the better. 32C and no rain today. I've been out mole trapping in shorts and sandals instead of wellies and waterproof trousers. :)

We,re back over there Sunday right down in Nice this time im told its still only 24/25 degrees at the moment ?.....from what im told the French people big into footie are from the cities and rugby from the suburbs i dont know how true that is.......ive been to a lot of tournaments over the years and must admit for atmosphere and general " footballness " its certainly not the best.......even the fan parks are dead !.....a lot of French folk we,ve spoke to feel the terrorist threat has played a big role in the sombre and quite often downcast mood of the place....which i guess is understandable.

Good result for England dare I say it lol Iceland next then, mind you the way Portugal defended we would or should do well but hey ho.

is it really though as England have struggled to break teams down that chuck ten men behind the ball and that's what Iceland have been doing but at least you don't have to defend against Ronaldo I suppose

England are playing really well IMO , haven't seen a English side hold and dominait possession like we have been just abit more quality and composare in the final third and we could do very well here , knockout football now different game alltoghter you can't sit back 1 nil down and defend and still go through etc , games will open up now and teams will have to push and leave gaps etc

• Like 3

Just shows how important topping the group was.....France,Spain,Germany,Italy all on our side of the draw.......Wales have Switz,Poland,Croatia,Hungary etc on theirs......i thought at the time that last nil nil would cost us.

• Like 2

Just shows how important topping the group was.....France,Spain,Germany,Italy all on our side of the draw.......Wales have Switz,Poland,Croatia,Hungary etc on theirs......i thought at the time that last nil nil would cost us.

Yeh gnash topping the group has made our side much easier, something like 20 titles(WC and Euro) on your side. You'd think England, Spain? Germany and France should go through?

I think we,ll get past Iceland and go out in the quarters against France.....your lot on the other hand id be putting a crafty little bet on getting to the final just about now....cant see much for yous to really fear there.

I think we,ll get past Iceland and go out in the quarters against France.....your lot on the other hand id be putting a crafty little bet on getting to the final just about now....cant see much for yous to really fear there.

It'll be a tight game against N Ireland I'd think, with it being a home nations game. If we play the way we did against Russia then we'll beat them imo though you know better than me that ko football is unpredictable. This is where the real tournament starts now so here's hoping.

I think you'll put Iceland away and the way you've played so far I think you can get a result against France. You've played well and if you take a few more chances then I think you can get to the semis and then who knows.

• Like 2