Air Arms Pro Sport

Each rifle wil

Okay Nicepix, I accept your point on weight but please also accept my point taken from my leaflet and AA website under 'downloads' so it seems that they are not so certain me thinks.

This photo is from my leaflet as I cannot seem to be able to copy the online brochure but here is the link, page 33

http://www.air-arms.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/AA-Brochure-ISS-7-High-Res.pdf

DSCF3201_zpsdn4dldkv.jpg

At the end of the day both rifles are superb and in some ways I wish I had bought the Prosport but quite simply on the day the TX200HC felt better for me and that is what I made my decision on along with the direction the salesmen were guiding me, in truth, now that I am slowly getting to grips with the springer, she is a very nice piece of kit but I will say, the pellet feed is not so easy as an HW97 however like the results, I am getting into the feel of it.

I wish you well with your Prosport matey and I will also enjoy my TX, good shooting.

Phil

The actual weights may vary dependent on the density of the wood in the stock. But in reality both rifles are so close in weight that it would not matter. Certainly not enough to warrant discounting one or the other IMO. However, they have a different point of balance and so the shooter might think that one or the other is heavier when in fact it is the balance not the weight that gives that effect.

On power; they are virtually the same rifle. So given that both have the same spring, cylinder, etc it would be a pretty good trick for Air Arms to de-tune the Pro Sport and not the TX using the same parts. On that point I bow to the manufacturer's specification as 'close to the legal limit' which would indicate that it isn't 10.5 ft-lb as some believe. Also, given that they use the same spring, etc the only way the Pro Sport could suffer from power loss is if a small batch of inferior parts was unsuspectingly used on that production line and not on the TX line. It certainly isn't in Air Arm's interests to have their flagship springer under powered or unreliable.

Would I pay £100 more for a Pro Sport than a TX brand new? I don't know. But if there were two in the shop at the same price I would walk out with the Pro Sport every time, That is only my personal opinion. I am sure that someone else would be happy with the TX I left behind.

Oh please understand, I have no idea how or why there could be a power drop and as a complete numpty when it comes to springers, They seemed to be fully aware of this and I just repeat parrot fashion what we were told. It makes little or no sense to me either.

Time for a gin and tonic so I will leave it at that nicepix.

Phil

• Like 2

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I finally got around to buying a Pro Sport. Maybe not the most practical rifle from the perspective of a sporting tool. Obselete technology as a power source, recoiling action, single shot and slow to

I can only echo mac's comments.   Another vote for the prosport and no problem with two piece mounts at all. But go for quality no cheapy ones  

Where will i start ???   PRO SPORT   more pointable than the tx   balance is perfect   not front end heavy like the tx or the 97   as the under leaver is tucked away under the stock   and

Posted Images

The original question was regarding a possible weakness in the Pro Sport's cocking lever. The fact that people are arguing the pros and cons of Pro v TX but not using the cocking arm as leverage ( puns intended ) in their argument suggests to me that there's nowt wrong in that area of the rifle under consideration ? I have enjoyed reading this though and thanks to the people who have posted. But...should I get a .22 or a .177 ? : - )

Walther lgv every time :D

Not a patch on the Crosman 1077 :whistling:

SMK of any cal

OK ILL GET MY COAT :laugh:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

The original question was regarding a possible weakness in the Pro Sport's cocking lever. The fact that people are arguing the pros and cons of Pro v TX but not using the cocking arm as leverage ( puns intended ) in their argument suggests to me that there's nowt wrong in that area of the rifle under consideration ? I have enjoyed reading this though and thanks to the people who have posted. But...should I get a .22 or a .177 ? : - )

The cocking lever is fine as long as you leave it alone, or know what you are doing if you don't leave it alone. :laugh: The problem comes if you strip the rifle and don't put it back quite right. Putting too many washers in or too long a top hat can cause problems where the rifle cocks but the cocking lever doesn't click back in its right place.

Rubbish !

And the Lord said........"do not get drawn in again my son.....although, your already going to burn in a lifetime of torment so bugger it, go for it kid!"

:laugh:

• Like 1